Rate the position groups

D-train

Re: Rate the position groups

Post by D-train » Mon May 08, 2023 12:03 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 11:57 pm
Looks like Aurora and I are the extremists with regard to our assessments of the roster. Should be interestin' ta see how it all plays out. 😎
Wow I felt like I was being optimistic. Surprised I am closer to You than AA.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon May 08, 2023 1:29 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 6:59 pm
auroraave wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 5:49 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 2:19 pm
It was spoken about multiple times in here.
"Spoken about on here" is not proof or any kind of verifiable evidence. If you cannot provide proof carroll actually said it - then your position is non existent. It's purely heresay. No one goes into court and says 'your honor, my proof is that is was "spoke about on the ST forum". That doesn't hold any merit. PLease provide the quote. If it happened, should not be hard to find - and that is 100% on you to provide since it is your position - the burden on proof is on you.
Gonna guess this is what he was referring to.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/sea ... ween-lines

“We have to run the ball better, not even better, we have to run it more. We have to dictate what’s going on with the people that we’re playing, and that’s one of the ways to do that."

Thanks for sharing - but no where does Carroll say he was uncomfortable. Was that just made up on here? Seattle's offense was getting killed - Wilson could NOT adjust to the two deep safety look - forcing Seattle to reevaluate how to run the offense. I think everyone was 'uncomfortable" watching wilson bumble around throwing interceptions. This bizarre notion that Carroll wanting a strong running game and ball security - is somehow a knock on him is utterly baffling. Carroll wasn't "uncomfortable" with a passing offense - it was clear that Wilson was hugely limited - as we all now know. Wilson was the problem - not the offensive scheme. I think the term is 'context" which is so widely ignored on here. This team is currently built around the offense - Geno Smith set the franchise record for passing yards - in Shane Waldron's offense which is pass heavy. This notion that PC can't adapt or is wanting to run some single wing type offense is nonsense. It was all part of the the "PC/JS SUCK " narrative that just keeps not panning out. Funny how you can look back at all of it and realize it wasn't PC/JS that was holding the team back - it was Wilson.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon May 08, 2023 1:36 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 7:14 pm
Assuming the following weighting of the position groups by importance ...

QB 7, RB 2, WR 2, TE 1, OL 5, DL 4, Edge 3, LB 4, DB 6, ST 7

... I calculate the following overall team ratings and infer the expected record. Keep in mind an average grade is 5.5:

Code: Select all

Name     Team Rating    Exp Wins
-------------------------------------
Sibelius H      5.46         8/9
Michael K       6.17         9/10
D-train         6.24         10
Douché          6.12         9/10
Maoling         6.93         11/12
Sea.Addict      7.22         12
Auroraave       7.77         13/14
CascadeKid      6.05         9/10
Whoa, I definitely do not forecast this many wins - maybe 10-12. Any smart coach is gonna run the ball all day vs seattle - they still did not improve the interior enough or the LB room. they have depth, and the ceiling for these guys is not yet known and I fully expect growing pains, but I do not see that many wins. It's possible, but opposing coaches will attack the weakness of the team - the run defense - and very likely avoid the secondary. I think the depth will be a factor the second half of the season, in Seattle's favor, but they did not do enough to address the run D, IMO. It's still the team's weakness. Not sure how you scheme to account for that.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon May 08, 2023 1:55 pm

auroraave wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
"Spoken about on here" is not proof or any kind of verifiable evidence. If you cannot provide proof carroll actually said it - then your position is non existent. It's purely heresay. No one goes into court and says 'your honor, my proof is that is was "spoke about on the ST forum". That doesn't hold any merit. PLease provide the quote. If it happened, should not be hard to find - and that is 100% on you to provide since it is your position - the burden on proof is on you.
Your right. It was never quoted in here or discussed. So, years later I should spend the time finding it as further proof because you forgot. He made the statement, the game plan changed, the team lost more games, but he was now comfortable. Debate it all you want, I really don't give a shit.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 08, 2023 3:13 pm

Curious if you guys think there were any interior defensive lineman taking between Carter and young that would have been a significant upgrade over young?
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon May 08, 2023 3:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 3:13 pm
Curious if you guys think there were any interior defensive lineman taking between Carter and young that would have been a significant upgrade over young?
I'm sure there IS one out there that will turn into somebody good, but as far as a "can't miss" prospect, no. I think Mazi Smith and Siaki Ika have that size and potential, but I'm not sure how "significant" an upgrade they would be. Smith went earlier than expected,but there must be a reason the Seahawks scouts passed on Ika and went with Young. Young is something like 303 lbs, where the other two are well over 330 - and I'd like to have some big immovable objects in the middle for those short yardage plays.

That's why I wanted Woods back.

douche

Post by douche » Mon May 08, 2023 4:12 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 6:59 pm
auroraave wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
Gonna guess this is what he was referring to.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/sea ... ween-lines

“We have to run the ball better, not even better, we have to run it more. We have to dictate what’s going on with the people that we’re playing, and that’s one of the ways to do that."
More from the article:

“Remember, I don’t mind winning, 20-9,” Carroll said. “I don’t mind winning, 17-14. I want to win controlling the game. That means we don’t give them the football.”

"He is who he is, and some stripes never change."

Great question: Do you think Wilson regressed because you didn’t run the ball enough this season or do you think you need to run the ball more next season because Wilson regressed?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon May 08, 2023 4:17 pm

douche wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 4:12 pm
Great question: Do you think Wilson regressed because you didn’t run the ball enough this season or do you think you need to run the ball more next season because Wilson regressed?
I think his regression that season was partially on Pete. He was pissed about the switch in styles, and should have been. I imagine he was pissed off that Pete blamed the offense for losing an OT game 31 to 34, and he should have been. That said? Be a man. Watching him to finish that season was disgusting.

His regression last year was because he is less Football player than Social Media influencer now.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 08, 2023 5:19 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 3:41 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 3:13 pm
I'm sure there IS one out there that will turn into somebody good, but as far as a "can't miss" prospect, no. I think Mazi Smith and Siaki Ika have that size and potential, but I'm not sure how "significant" an upgrade they would be. Smith went earlier than expected,but there must be a reason the Seahawks scouts passed on Ika and went with Young. Young is something like 303 lbs, where the other two are well over 330 - and I'd like to have some big immovable objects in the middle for those short yardage plays.

Thanks. he is listed at 315 lbs but who knows.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon May 08, 2023 6:46 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 3:41 pm

I wanted Woods back too. That was a blow. Not sure why I was so confident they'd resign him, but I was.