Rate the position groups

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Rate the position groups

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri May 05, 2023 7:06 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 6:00 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 4:10 pm
Pete's philosophy is you don't win games by scoring, you win games by "taking care of" the football.
Well, we were what, 6 and 1 the year we were lighting it up on offense, before he changed things so we could finish 5 and 6 including a playoff loss? I feel I am misrepresenting that some, but I am too lazy to go look it up. I know that we lost a Prime Time game in OT to Arizona like 31 to 34. We had two of the stupidest defensive personal foul penalties I have EVERY seen, and gave up 34 points. Pete came out and verbally assaulted the offense for their performance. Never mind the 31 points scored, forget the 34 given up. Sorry, I will NEVER forget how that season flipped as soon as he decided to take the one strength he had and change things because he "wasn't comfortable winning that way". Better to lose more games, lose a home playoff game, and be comfortable, then go to the Super Bowl with a style of play that makes you uncomfortable. :o :cry: :o :cry: :shock:
Pete's ideal offensive game would be 50 run plays (regardless of yards gained as long as they protected the ball), 15 passes, and 10 punts for 400+ yards.

douche

Post by douche » Fri May 05, 2023 8:03 pm

Fri May 05, 2023 7:06 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Pete's philosophy is you don't win games by scoring, you win games by "taking care of" the football.
Well, we were what, 6 and 1 the year we were lighting it up on offense, before he changed things so we could finish 5 and 6 including a playoff loss? I feel I am misrepresenting that some, but I am too lazy to go look it up. I know that we lost a Prime Time game in OT to Arizona like 31 to 34. We had two of the stupidest defensive personal foul penalties I have EVERY seen, and gave up 34 points. Pete came out and verbally assaulted the offense for their performance. Never mind the 31 points scored, forget the 34 given up. Sorry, I will NEVER forget how that season flipped as soon as he decided to take the one strength he had and change things because he "wasn't comfortable winning that way". Better to lose more games, lose a home playoff game, and be comfortable, then go to the Super Bowl with a style of play that makes you uncomfortable. :o :cry: :o :cry: :shock:
Pete's ideal offensive game would be 50 run plays (regardless of yards gained as long as they protected the ball), 15 passes, and 10 punts for 400+ yards.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sat May 06, 2023 1:48 am

Michael K. wrote:
You are misrepresenting what happened. That was the covid year - no pre season stuff - all defenses in the NFL were getting rocked - none more than Seattle - remember? Then around mid season, all the defenses who never got to practice, including Seattle's, started coming together - Wilson had multiple interception games - I think he has three at Buffalo - the offense was getting shut down - it wasn't working - that's when less russ cook ended. You are skipping a lot of context in the sitution. The context ehre is everything. Carroll was uncomfortable w/5 ints in two games. As he should be. This is when it all went off the rails for wilson in seattle. Now just imagine how much more we know today - all the shit russ pulled - carroll and co were trying to manage a complete prima donna. Yeah, I would say it was probably really uncomfortable.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat May 06, 2023 2:48 am

Buffalo was the first team to figure out that either RW was incapable of executing a quick pass offense or Schotty didn't know how to implement one, because they blitzed all day in that game and the Seahawks had no answers even knowing it was coming. Then other teams followed the blueprint.

maoling

Post by maoling » Sat May 06, 2023 3:16 am

After most of the offseason moves and draft dust has settled, I think this D could be muy way better than I thought a couple months ago.

If we stay healthy, I'm projecting this new D in total as a 7.8 when it is all said and done in the regular season. They have stocked up with headhunters, FA vets, creative picks, smart guys and survivors. We may have a special group this year.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat May 06, 2023 3:47 am

auroraave wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 1:48 am
Michael K. wrote:
You are misrepresenting what happened. That was the covid year - no pre season stuff - all defenses in the NFL were getting rocked - none more than Seattle - remember? Then around mid season, all the defenses who never got to practice, including Seattle's, started coming together - Wilson had multiple interception games - I think he has three at Buffalo - the offense was getting shut down - it wasn't working - that's when less russ cook ended. You are skipping a lot of context in the sitution. The context ehre is everything. Carroll was uncomfortable w/5 ints in two games. As he should be. This is when it all went off the rails for wilson in seattle. Now just imagine how much more we know today - all the shit russ pulled - carroll and co were trying to manage a complete prima donna. Yeah, I would say it was probably really uncomfortable.
I'm not misrepresenting anything. He is literally quoted as saying he was uncomfortable with that style. The style that got them to 5 and 1. He also called out the offense for losing in OT, when the D gave up 34 and has two of the stupidest drive extending penalties I've ever seen. Zero misrepresenting here bud.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 06, 2023 11:47 am

auroraave wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
Here it is. Very odd season. Won first five and last four. 3-4 in the middle.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 0/gamelog/
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sat May 06, 2023 1:55 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 3:47 am
auroraave wrote:
Michael K. wrote:

I'm not misrepresenting anything. He is literally quoted as saying he was uncomfortable with that style. The style that got them to 5 and 1. He also called out the offense for losing in OT, when the D gave up 34 and has two of the stupidest drive extending penalties I've ever seen. Zero misrepresenting here bud.
Please provide the quote you are referring to.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat May 06, 2023 2:19 pm

It was spoken about multiple times in here.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sat May 06, 2023 5:49 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 2:19 pm
It was spoken about multiple times in here.
"Spoken about on here" is not proof or any kind of verifiable evidence. If you cannot provide proof carroll actually said it - then your position is non existent. It's purely heresay. No one goes into court and says 'your honor, my proof is that is was "spoke about on the ST forum". That doesn't hold any merit. PLease provide the quote. If it happened, should not be hard to find - and that is 100% on you to provide since it is your position - the burden on proof is on you.