Cliff Avril talks D-Line

D-train

Re: Cliff Avril talks D-Line

Post by D-train » Sun May 14, 2023 11:32 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 11:21 pm
Pete on what changed with the defense
“We have always been a 4-3 scheme that plays with 3-4 personnel,” Carroll said Thursday. “That’s to maintain another position that instead of being a 4-3 down lineman, we would like to have that fourth guy be an athlete that can really run and move and all that. It’s always been an intention to kind of maintain that to get as much speed on the field as possible … That’s to maintain as much athleticism as you can get on the field.”

“What changed last year was the influx of more coverage concepts that we used to do that we just reinvented for us. There was a process to it that is in really good shape right now and I’m jacked about where we are now with putting it all together,” he said. “There was a time here where we had evolved into a pretty simplistic way of playing and we kicked butt with it and it worked out great and players matched up and and all that. And then I lost coaches on both sides of the ball and they took our scheme everywhere and people knew how to get after it, because we really had some real intricacies about that made it unique. We’ve just continued to grow and adapt. You’ve got to keep getting better, so that’s where we’ve changed.”
Some other stuff in here
https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1756389/ ... hers-more/
That KIRO website is just prolific with M's and Hawks free content. That is my #2 go to site after the Times.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun May 14, 2023 11:52 pm

Yeah, it's nice that they report the content of the radio shows since I don't listen to them....Sounds to me like they feel they have attacked their run defense issues with the secondary

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon May 15, 2023 1:00 am

“There was a time here where we had evolved into a pretty simplistic way of playing and we kicked butt with it and it worked out great and players matched up and and all that. And then I lost coaches on both sides of the ball and they took our scheme everywhere and people knew how to get after it, because we really had some real intricacies about that made it unique. We’ve just continued to grow and adapt. You’ve got to keep getting better, so that’s where we’ve changed.”
Sure, couldn't have anything to do with being unable to draft replacements for Kam, Richard and Earl.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 15, 2023 1:40 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 11:52 pm
Yeah, it's nice that they report the content of the radio shows since I don't listen to them....Sounds to me like they feel they have attacked their run defense issues with the secondary
Yep, I am in the same boat. Much easier to read than listen anyway.
dt