Rookie mini camp thread

D-train

Re: Rookie mini camp thread

Post by D-train » Sat May 13, 2023 3:28 pm

I thought this was great news.
NT Cameron Young: Young, the 123rd overall pick out of Mississippi State, might have made the most positive impression of any of the rookies, weighing in at “320 something.” That’s a bit more than his listed 304 and closer to what the Seahawks have usually looked for in a nose tackle. Each of last year’s primary players at that spot, Al Woods and Bryan Mone, each weigh more than 330 pounds. “He looked exactly like what we were hoping to see,” Carroll said. “We wanted to see a big guy that can come in and play nose tackle for us. And there’s no question we’ve seen him on film and all that but you’ve still got to get around him. He’s a big man.” Young could be ticketed for a major role immediately with Mone still in recovery mode from an ACL injury suffered in December and no other veteran nose tackles on the roster.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat May 13, 2023 4:05 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 1:28 pm
I have never had a hamstring injury in my ENTIRE Life and I run up and down a basketball court 30 lbs overweight at full speed 6 days a week at 55 years old and these kids can't run around without fucking up their hammys????
I'd say college football's probably a little more rigorous than a game of pick-up basketball with some old dudes who got cut from the JV team in junior high and are still trying to heal the psychological wounds. :lol:

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat May 13, 2023 4:13 pm

Pulled a hammy coaching soccer 18 years ago when I was 53. That was the only time I had that problem. Of course I had three knee surgeries on my right knee by then, so can't say I was totally immune to silly, kids' games "accidents!"

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 13, 2023 4:17 pm

I'd think it have to do with development and conditioning. Players I think are focused on weight training. They could be pushing the limits of performance over breakdown, hamstrings be where it shows up

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 13, 2023 4:24 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 4:05 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 1:28 pm
I have never had a hamstring injury in my ENTIRE Life and I run up and down a basketball court 30 lbs overweight at full speed 6 days a week at 55 years old and these kids can't run around without fucking up their hammys????
I'd say college football's probably a little more rigorous than a game of pick-up basketball with some old dudes who got cut from the JV team in junior high and are still trying to heal the psychological wounds. :lol:
Ha, I am the only one over 25 and I wasn't allowed to even tryout in Jr. high because I showed up to the first practice stoned! lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 13, 2023 4:27 pm

Sounds like they are both totally fine. Just a bit over being over precautious with their two prized 1st rounders. Thank God.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat May 13, 2023 4:29 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 4:17 pm
I'd think it have to do with development and conditioning. Players I think are focused on weight training. They could be pushing the limits of performance over breakdown, hamstrings be where it shows up
I think it used to be way worse. Strength and conditioning have come a million miles since my athletic days. Back then it was all free weights and steroids, stretching was for the cheerleaders.

What we are seeing is every injury now is highlighted and broadcast over 50 types of social media and analyzed by 100 talking heads. Back in the day, a torn hamstring was a career ender. They'd just take 'em behind the barn and shoot 'em, never to be heard from again.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 13, 2023 4:50 pm

Experts always say teams shouldn't reach and draft for need. Should take BPA but then are just shocked when they do.
draft2.JPG
draft2.JPG (113.19 KiB) Viewed 204 times
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 13, 2023 4:51 pm

Love that Witherspoon is a great football player. Would be great if he was a bit bigger but would rather have him than a bigger guy that can't play football.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 14, 2023 11:39 am

dt