Rookie mini camp thread

Donn Beach

Re: Rookie mini camp thread

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 15, 2023 1:46 am

Sure, but that's referring to the off-season, not the previous season.
Their pair of first-round picks were in Devon Witherspoon and Jaxon Smith-Njigba were limited in Friday's practice as a precaution due to hamstring injuries during the offseason

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 15, 2023 2:02 am

He said he was 100% at the combine, is the off-season being referred to between then and now?
"I'm ready to go out and attack and show my skill set," Smith-Njigba said Friday. "I was 100 percent as of two weeks ago. I'm taking things slowly to close the book on this nagging injury, which I feel like I have. But I just haven't had enough reps on the 40 yet, so pro day you'll see me run."
It's not like he is going to have a limp, think it be more on testing like flexibility, strength, something like that

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 15, 2023 2:13 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 2:02 am
He said he was 100% at the combine, is the off-season being referred to between then and now?
"I'm ready to go out and attack and show my skill set," Smith-Njigba said Friday. "I was 100 percent as of two weeks ago. I'm taking things slowly to close the book on this nagging injury, which I feel like I have. But I just haven't had enough reps on the 40 yet, so pro day you'll see me run."
It's not like he is going to have a limp, think it be more on testing like flexibility, strength, something like that
After watching that vid it is impossible he won't be a full participant in Training camp unless he injuries it again so I am not going worry about.

Brooks on the other hand could miss most of the season. 9 months recovery for a normal person puts would be September. To play MLB in the NFL could be at least another couple months. They don't even know if Jamal will be back a full year later.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 15, 2023 2:24 am

Not concerned about it, curious. The assumption would be they are being overly cautious due to his previous injury but that's not what that says. I also don't think it have to do with him like coming up limp or something. It be more subtle, which I'd like to know more about too

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 15, 2023 2:31 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 2:24 am
Not concerned about it, curious. The assumption would be they are being overly cautious due to his previous injury but that's not what that says. I also don't think it have to do with him like coming up limp or something. It be more subtle, which I'd like to know more about too
What I AM concerned about is if he has Hamstrings that are prone to injury. Now that would suck.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 15, 2023 3:01 am

Article about NFL hamstring injuries
Wide receivers and defensive backs are particularly at risk, as the constant acceleration and deceleration, changes of direction and bursts needed for these positions are major factors.
As an extra risk factor, athletes are constantly striving for that edge to be the fastest, strongest player on the field. The stronger they are, the faster, quicker and more powerful they are. However, if balance is lost and mobility takes a back seat, they put themselves at a greater risk.
Hamstring injuries also can recur — about 15.5% of the time, a player gets another hamstring injury the same season! They also have a 24% chance of getting another injury that is not a hamstring injury (ankle, knee, foot, hip, groin, etc.).

Our data shows that wide receivers have the highest risk of aggravating their hamstrings in the same season. WRs get about 55% of all hamstring injuries in the NFL
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/n ... on-players