Roster prediction thread

auroraave

Re: Roster prediction thread

Post by auroraave » Wed May 24, 2023 4:02 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:04 pm
douche wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:31 pm
nfl.com lists the top 10 most complete teams. SEA is ranked at #9.

"There's a reasonable argument that the Seahawks remain a bit thin on the defensive side, mostly on the back end, and that there are a few outstanding needs (such as defensive tackle) that are a bit worrisome. Finding a resurgent Geno Smith was a big development, and the past two draft classes have replenished the talent at several spots, including running back, the offensive line and the secondary.
We are thin on the back end defensively? How? We have replenished the talent level in the secondary, but are thin on the back end? Huh?
And these are the "journalists" that people quote and source. Literally the deepest position group on the team. Suggesting Bobby is going to solve the LB problem - based on his past glory, is more proof these people do no research outside of a quick google search - and then still get it wrong. Only thing missing in their 'analysis' was something from PFF for further proof they know absolutely nothing besides how to google. I ask this all the time - who takes these people seriously? They fuck up everything, get everything wrong, fabricate, manufacture false narratives, and people still allow them to use 'journalist' on a business card.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed May 24, 2023 4:50 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:02 pm
And these are the "journalists" that people quote and source. Literally the deepest position group on the team. Suggesting Bobby is going to solve the LB problem - based on his past glory, is more proof these people do no research outside of a quick google search - and then still get it wrong. Only thing missing in their 'analysis' was something from PFF for further proof they know absolutely nothing besides how to google. I ask this all the time - who takes these people seriously? They fuck up everything, get everything wrong, fabricate, manufacture false narratives, and people still allow them to use 'journalist' on a business card.
Pretty much sums it up. I just thought it was hilarious that he disproves his first sentence with his second sentence....and somehow he doesn't realize that. Did he actually mean they are thin up front, and typed in back end, then didn't catch it? Very odd, to say the least. But yes, you are spot on. Seems just about anyone can type something up as if they are an "expert" now.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 24, 2023 5:32 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:50 pm
auroraave wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:02 pm
Pretty much sums it up. I just thought it was hilarious that he disproves his first sentence with his second sentence....and somehow he doesn't realize that. Did he actually mean they are thin up front, and typed in back end, then didn't catch it? Very odd, to say the least. But yes, you are spot on. Seems just about anyone can type something up as if they are an "expert" now.
The editor must have been day drinking as well. lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 27, 2023 7:25 pm

I predict Nick Bellore will be on the roster.
dt