maoling

Re: Adams skipping OTAs

Post by maoling » Fri May 19, 2023 6:03 pm

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 19, 2023 7:28 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 3:51 pm
lol - this thread is a hilarious excuse for the Adams haters to exercise their misguided "outrage" over the trade by trying to shit on Adams. Did someone actually say he 'intentionally" missed tackles during games? Is this a 49ers fan page? :lol:

1. How many other injured NFL stars are attenting OTAs?
2. What exactly would they be doing at OTA's since they cannot participate?
3. If Carroll wanted Adams at camp - he'd probably be there.
4. If a player is not medically cleared to participate - they may not be allowed to be at OTA's - you know - because of insurance liabilities.
5. Maybe the coaching staff told him to continue to rehab on his own - his attendance was not necessary - also in conjunctiond w #4.

Nah, can't be any of those reasons. It MUST be that Adams is a bad guy who hates playing football. What a logical conclusion! Oh, also, side note - Adams inability to rack up interceptions while playing with broken fingers and a torn labrum is also evidence of his being a horrible person who hates the seahawks. All the 'ballers" on here who racked up catches and interceptions - while trying to catch NFL caliber passes with broken fingers... :lol:

Yeah, Adams is the worst. Please - continue with the hate - it's so rational!
Why is it that if anyone but you is critical of anything, it's hate? No one is hating. It is an actual discussion. As for 4 and 5 above? Sure, but do you really think there would be this much debate if he wasn't allowed at OTAs or was told not to come? Number 3? Again, I imagine if Carroll didn't want him there, he'd nip the debate in the bud. But, maybe he hasn't been asked? #2, what would he be doing? Have you not read the thread? Most that want him here, and to be honest, I am not sure I care, but most that want him here want him leading the young guys and bonding with his team mates. That was pretty much Brock's entire point. As for #1, I don't know or care.

Again, this is a very minor debate that you are trying to turn into hate. Why? If someone made fun of Russ for being fake or caring more about shilling perfume than winning football games, would it still be hate? Your time to take a stand is often confusing to me. How was this hate, and why do you constantly turn straight to everyone hating if they are negative or remotely negative in this case, about something you are not?

Are there going to be some people that hate Adams? Sure, some of them are in here. But I think you are generalizing this too much. Very few hate him, and very few feel that strongly about if he should or shouldn't be here. It's called a discussion.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 19, 2023 7:38 pm

maoling wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 6:03 pm
Murph's take on Jamal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leGqcFSy6rk
I've been defending Adams, the trade and resigning him for some time. I love watching stuff like this, but it always brings me back to....can a guy play that style and not continue to get hurt. I would never question a guy like Adams and his heart or desire. This isn't Erin Bedard exiting every game after five innings. This isn't a baseball player getting a guaranteed contract and then sucking ass, like just about every Mariner we've ever had. Jamal was an All Pro here. I for one blamed the scheme for his coverage issues a couple of years ago, and I was amped to watch him in last year's system. That said, again, Devil's Advocate, can we make someone like that a key cog in a scheme? I am always going to be hopeful that he will be a Pro Bowl impact type guy again, but always going to worry if he can actually stay healthy. One of my favorite guys to watch play football was Bob Sanders. I get it, Adams is bigger than Sanders was, but that style of play that made Bob so fun to watch? Is why he could never stay healthy.

maoling

Post by maoling » Sat May 20, 2023 2:14 am

AZOldDawg wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:37 pm
One gets the feeling they may not want to be observed by the press
That's a great point, you old Dawg! He'd be a distraction right now. Still, fly him in on the quiet, sling him across the lake from the south end of MI in a Hawk boat, five minutes on the lake from the south end to Renton and VMAC. It used to be an old MI family lumber yard right there, and that's where the boats go across the lake.

douche

Post by douche » Sat May 20, 2023 7:25 pm

I think Pete has an open line with these guys and trust isn't an issue. If he really had a problem with it, Adams would be in SEA.

Carroll... the consummate player's coach.