Re: Adams skipping OTAs

Post by Michael K. » Thu May 18, 2023 6:40 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:45 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:43 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:30 pm
disagree with Huard on this one. Adams and Brooks are rehabbing, and are both on the cusp of being able to do work at training camp (per PC). That is WAY more important than building camaraderie with the rookies. If they were healthy and just being pricks and holding out it'd be different, but right now their #1 job is rehab.
Devils advocate, can't they do that in the facility?
When a pro athlete rehabs an injury, it isn't like you or I rehabbing an injury - they don't just grab a stretchy band and ice pack. They spend hours a day doing a specific routine on specific equipment led by a specific team of trainers, doctors, and physical therapists.

So, if they had a sprained ankle, sure, they could do so in the facility... but for a major injury, they want to continue on their program, and not change it up with different equipment or personnel. Maybe it's a machine or two, or some cryo tank or massage therapist (shoutout to Deshaun!) that the facility doesn't have, or whatever, but changing things up mid-therapy could set things back. If the best place/team to rehab happens to be in Florida or California or where ever they are, and that's where they've spent the past 6 months working on it, then that's where they should be.
9 months later, he is still not able to leave his PT? He doesn't have access to any of the things you mention at the team's facilities? That has seemed to me to be Brock's point. More can be gained in knowledge shared and team building that an advantage gained 9 months later for Adams doing his rehab somewhere else.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 18, 2023 7:45 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 3:04 am
After watching that i'm mainly curious as to what substance Brock gets high off before he goes on the air.
He gets high on God.
dt

Nwadventure

Post by Nwadventure » Fri May 19, 2023 12:39 am

Never seen a guy take so many plays off and just miss tackles on purpose because he didn't care- Seems like more of the same for this year unless ?

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri May 19, 2023 3:42 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 6:40 pm

9 months later, he is still not able to leave his PT? He doesn't have access to any of the things you mention at the team's facilities? That has seemed to me to be Brock's point. More can be gained in knowledge shared and team building that an advantage gained 9 months later for Adams doing his rehab somewhere else.
I think you missed my point. He is on the verge of finishing his rehab, so it's an important time to stick with the plan. It'd be like playing 15 games and firing the head coach just before the playoffs start. Yeah, you COULD do it, but better to stick with what got you there.

And like I said, there could be something or someone that wouldn't be available at the facility. They have equipment, but maybe they don't have a cryo tank, super reverse MRI, special pool or whatever the fuck pro athletes use.

Plus, I think people are over-valuating OTAs. They were important to Brock because those were the only time he got to take the field. There are PLENTY of veterans to get the rookies assimilated. Having a couple guys not there isn't going to hurt them.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 19, 2023 3:16 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 3:42 am
Michael K. wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 6:40 pm

I think you missed my point. He is on the verge of finishing his rehab, so it's an important time to stick with the plan. It'd be like playing 15 games and firing the head coach just before the playoffs start. Yeah, you COULD do it, but better to stick with what got you there.

And like I said, there could be something or someone that wouldn't be available at the facility. They have equipment, but maybe they don't have a cryo tank, super reverse MRI, special pool or whatever the fuck pro athletes use.

Plus, I think people are over-valuating OTAs. They were important to Brock because those were the only time he got to take the field. There are PLENTY of veterans to get the rookies assimilated. Having a couple guys not there isn't going to hurt them.
Like I said first, Devils Advocate. I am not going to pretend to have had to recover from a quad tear. I just find it real funny that an organization that has the $ and resources that the Seahawks have, is somehow less equipped to deal with his recovery, 9 months later, than where ever Adams is doing this now. He is filming himself running. Let's not pretend he is still walking around on crutches. If I had to weigh why he isn't going to OTAs, I'd say it is 75% because he doesn't want to and 25% because he feels he might be better off with the rehabbing he is currently doing. Like Brock said, if Wilson can bring an entire team of coaches and staff, Adams can't bring along a PT or two?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 19, 2023 3:37 pm

yeah, it's about him not wanting to. Why should he travel across the country when he isn't physically able to participate? He can stand around going rah rah? Honestly I don't get it.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri May 19, 2023 3:51 pm

lol - this thread is a hilarious excuse for the Adams haters to exercise their misguided "outrage" over the trade by trying to shit on Adams. Did someone actually say he 'intentionally" missed tackles during games? Is this a 49ers fan page? :lol:

1. How many other injured NFL stars are attenting OTAs?
2. What exactly would they be doing at OTA's since they cannot participate?
3. If Carroll wanted Adams at camp - he'd probably be there.
4. If a player is not medically cleared to participate - they may not be allowed to be at OTA's - you know - because of insurance liabilities.
5. Maybe the coaching staff told him to continue to rehab on his own - his attendance was not necessary - also in conjunctiond w #4.

Nah, can't be any of those reasons. It MUST be that Adams is a bad guy who hates playing football. What a logical conclusion! Oh, also, side note - Adams inability to rack up interceptions while playing with broken fingers and a torn labrum is also evidence of his being a horrible person who hates the seahawks. All the 'ballers" on here who racked up catches and interceptions - while trying to catch NFL caliber passes with broken fingers... :lol:

Yeah, Adams is the worst. Please - continue with the hate - it's so rational!

maoling

Post by maoling » Fri May 19, 2023 4:03 pm

I'm not hating on him. I've seen vids of how hard he is rehabbing. But I think it is important for the new guys to see vets at the OTAs. These "kids" look up to those players who have been in the league and know the ropes.

To me, it's like pledging a fraternity and not having the house president there to shake your hand.

Or getting hired by a company and not having the manager welcome you aboard.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 19, 2023 4:14 pm

What's so important about OTAs as opposed to the actual beginning of training camp? I honestly don't understand why anybody would expect him to be there. He is on the other side of the country working on preparing himself for training camp. Working hard at it as far as I can tell. That's his responsibility, what I think he should be focused on, not being a greeter at OTAs

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 19, 2023 4:41 pm

Inside look at OTAs. I'd be curious to know the degree of attendance by injured players. It's not addressed here

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/164 ... o-nfl-otas