Burrow might follow Mahomes...doing what I asked years ago and was laughed at.

douche

Re: Burrow might follow Mahomes...doing what I asked years ago and was laughed at.

Post by douche » Thu May 18, 2023 1:42 am

D-train wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:15 pm
douche wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:00 pm
C'mon, DT, they're high school sweethearts and they're in love! :D
I had a HS sweetheart and I fell out of love. It would have happened a lot faster if I had my choice of any single woman in the country. I mean come on.

Her over Reem or Samantha? LOL

https://www.instagram.com/reemalhizz/

https://www.instagram.com/samanthasummersofficial/
This one's for you...

https://www.instagram.com/paulinagretzky/

SeattleAddict

Re: Burrow might follow Mahomes...doing what I asked years ago and was laughed at.

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu May 18, 2023 2:20 am

D-train wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:22 pm

Jesus imagine having that contract, being a 2 time SB champion, pretty good looking dude and this is what you go with for a wife. And sounds like she is problem child. At least Ciara is hot.
Ciara is KINDA hot, but also ruined Russ' football career and is the reason he demanded those big ass contracts.

There's something to be said for a wife that is an 8 in looks but supportive and wants you to succeed rather than be a social media star.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 18, 2023 10:38 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 2:20 am
D-train wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:22 pm

Jesus imagine having that contract, being a 2 time SB champion, pretty good looking dude and this is what you go with for a wife. And sounds like she is problem child. At least Ciara is hot.
Ciara is KINDA hot, but also ruined Russ' football career and is the reason he demanded those big ass contracts.

There's something to be said for a wife that is an 8 in looks but supportive and wants you to succeed rather than be a social media star.
Absolutely. Not a Ciara fan but who knows the dynamic between those two. Yes, Mahomes should have at least went for an 8 instead of a 5.5. lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 18, 2023 10:39 am

douche wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 1:42 am
D-train wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:15 pm
douche wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:00 pm
C'mon, DT, they're high school sweethearts and they're in love! :D
I had a HS sweetheart and I fell out of love. It would have happened a lot faster if I had my choice of any single woman in the country. I mean come on.

Her over Reem or Samantha? LOL

https://www.instagram.com/reemalhizz/

https://www.instagram.com/samanthasummersofficial/
This one's for you...

https://www.instagram.com/paulinagretzky/
Love her. Good for DJ.
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Thu May 18, 2023 2:09 pm

At the time, it didn't feel to me like RWs contracts crippled the team. I admit I could have been naive.
I knew darn well RW couldn't get the 3rd big contract he wanted and not cripple the Seahawks, so that obviously turned out well.
I'm curious what MK has to say about Mahones actually making more than RW.
Burrows has not been at a top level long enough to have in the same conversation as Mahones, let alone Brady.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu May 18, 2023 6:29 pm

trharder wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 2:09 pm
At the time, it didn't feel to me like RWs contracts crippled the team. I admit I could have been naive.
I knew darn well RW couldn't get the 3rd big contract he wanted and not cripple the Seahawks, so that obviously turned out well.
I'm curious what MK has to say about Mahones actually making more than RW.
Burrows has not been at a top level long enough to have in the same conversation as Mahones, let alone Brady.
You don't think he SHOULD make more than Russ? The problem is the way it's structured. This is the same as all the arguments when people say Brady didn't make team friendly deals. People that know a shit ton more than we do about salary caps are saying it. Instead of comparing to Russ, who is well past his prime, look at what it is in comparison to the other QBs. Do you REALLY think it was a coincidence that Russ' deal was always JUST under Rodgers deal? Mahomes and Burrow aren't worried about what the fucking Cleveland Browns are paying their asshat QB. Do you actually think Russ would do the same? No mention of resetting the market, fully guaranteed, baseball contract...non of that.

If anyone thinks Russ would set up his deal long term like that, ensure that he limits the ability to make more money down the road, run the risk of being the tenth or twelfth highest paid QB in three or four year? Then you are nuts. Seems like no one read the article.

Yeah, I am SURE Russ would have signed a deal that spreads out the wealth long term and soon makes him middle of the pack to bottom of the salary scale. :roll:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu May 18, 2023 6:31 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:02 pm
Imagine signing a 450 Million dollar contract and being able to convince people that you gave the team a bargain. :roll:

Here are Mahome's Cap Hits over the next several years compared to Russell's.

2022 Russell 17 Million - Mahomes 35 Million
2023 Russell 22 Million - Mahomes 39 Million
2024 Russell 35 Million - Mahomes 46 Million
2025 Russell 55 Million - Mahomes 48 Million
2026 Russell 58 Million - Mahomes 44 Million
2027 Russell 53 Million - Mahomes 62 Million
Total Russell 240 Million - Mahomes 274 Million

Mahomes contract is every bit as crippling as Russell's The only difference is Mahomes can actually still play QB at an elite level.
Imagine paying Russ more than Mahomes four and five years from now. Read the article again. Of course he isn't making chicken feed, but should he be? Do you think it's in Mahomes' best interest to sign a contract of that length that doesn't allow him to reset the market in a few years, the way Russ always did? Who benefits from that contract? The team can cut him, Pat can't walk away unless he holds out, doesn't play, and thus doesn't get paid.

Now, how do I feel about Pat making more than Russ? I think that anyone that doesn't think he deserves more if fucking insane! I also think if Russ was Pat? His deal would be a lot less team friendly.

trharder

Post by trharder » Fri May 19, 2023 3:21 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 6:29 pm
You don't think he SHOULD make more than Russ? Mahomes and Burrow aren't worried about what the fucking Cleveland Browns are paying their asshat QB. Do you actually think Russ would do the same? No mention of resetting the market, fully guaranteed, baseball contract...non of that.

Seems like no one read the article.

Yeah, I am SURE Russ would have signed a deal that spreads out the wealth long term and soon makes him middle of the pack to bottom of the salary scale. :roll:
I did read your quotes of the article and now have read the article. I think it was written by the Bengals owner.
The Mahomes contract was made in 2020 and was considered a huge contract at the time.
In 2020, Mahomes signed a 10-year contract extension worth $477 million with another $26 million in potential bonuses, for a total of $503 million, making it the third-largest known contract in sporting history.[13][14]
Did KC make a good deal? Damn straight. But looking at it in 2023 like it was an act of benevolence by Mahomes is a hindsight observation.
The writer of the article seems to be doing a lot of looking in Burrows pocket. Burrow would be stupid not to get the money while
the stick is hot. If he signs on to taking Mahomes' 2020 contract in 2023, he's dumber than I thought.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 19, 2023 3:08 pm

trharder wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 3:21 am
Michael K. wrote:
You don't think he SHOULD make more than Russ? Mahomes and Burrow aren't worried about what the fucking Cleveland Browns are paying their asshat QB. Do you actually think Russ would do the same? No mention of resetting the market, fully guaranteed, baseball contract...non of that.

I did read your quotes of the article and now have read the article. I think it was written by the Bengals owner.
The Mahomes contract was made in 2020 and was considered a huge contract at the time.
In 2020, Mahomes signed a 10-year contract extension worth $477 million with another $26 million in potential bonuses, for a total of $503 million, making it the third-largest known contract in sporting history.[13][14]
Did KC make a good deal? Damn straight. But looking at it in 2023 like it was an act of benevolence by Mahomes is a hindsight observation.
The writer of the article seems to be doing a lot of looking in Burrows pocket. Burrow would be stupid not to get the money while
the stick is hot. If he signs on to taking Mahomes' 2020 contract in 2023, he's dumber than I thought.
Him singing and incredibly long term deal, so he wasn't going to pull a Rodgers and Wilson and try to reset the QB market every fourth season and spend year three talking about it, is hindsight? Again, not sure you read the article. No one is saying he is under paid. The point is, at some point very soon? he will be, and grossly, and he doesn't care. He signed a long term deal worth a lot of money, no one feels sorry for him, but he also didn't talk about resetting the market, making everything guaranteed, he didn't go on an off season tour flirting with every other team looking for a QB. Nope, he did non of that, and the deal he signed? Makes it pretty impossible for him to EVER do any of that.

Again, point missed.
Burrow would be stupid not to get the money while
WTF? So, Mahomes didn't sign a team friendly deal, and it's all hindsight, but if Burrow does what Mahomes did he is stupid. WTF are you talking about? No one is saying he sign for 2020 money, just that he sign for the money now, and not try to reset the market every third season. I don't get what you don't get.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Fri May 19, 2023 6:42 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 3:08 pm
trharder wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 3:21 am
Michael K. wrote:

Him singing and incredibly long term deal, so he wasn't going to pull a Rodgers and Wilson and try to reset the QB market every fourth season and spend year three talking about it, is hindsight? Again, not sure you read the article. No one is saying he is under paid. The point is, at some point very soon? he will be, and grossly, and he doesn't care. He signed a long term deal worth a lot of money, no one feels sorry for him, but he also didn't talk about resetting the market, making everything guaranteed, he didn't go on an off season tour flirting with every other team looking for a QB. Nope, he did non of that, and the deal he signed? Makes it pretty impossible for him to EVER do any of that.

Again, point missed.
Burrow would be stupid not to get the money while
WTF? So, Mahomes didn't sign a team friendly deal, and it's all hindsight, but if Burrow does what Mahomes did he is stupid. WTF are you talking about? No one is saying he sign for 2020 money, just that he sign for the money now, and not try to reset the market every third season. I don't get what you don't get.
:roll: