OTAs thread

SeattleAddict

Re: OTAs thread

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue May 23, 2023 9:11 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:17 pm

Yeah, I think Esk and MacIntosh could be a dynamic duo on special teams for returners. Esk had a shitty catch rate so I don't know if he'll ever develop the hands to be anything more than an emergency WR, but that kid is straight lightnin'
I've seen several people mention McIntosh for kick returns, but I don't think that's a great use for him. He doesn't have great in-line speed. He's shifty and quick, but doesn't have that dynamic speed you want in a kick returner. Kind of like DeeJay.

Eskridge doesn't need to be an All-Pro, he just needs to be a capable #4 and bonus as a kick returner (he was great at that in college if I remember correctly), and he'd be a great bonus. Then, hopefully, one of the other WRs steps up to be a solid #5. Just David Moore. That's all I ask. Just a guy that doesn't completely fuck everything up when he's on the field.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue May 23, 2023 9:12 pm

Well, this is why Woolen wasn't there (apologies if it was mentioned in one of those long texts I didn't read lol)

Schefter: Seahawks’ Pro-Bowl CB Tariq Woolen, a 2022 fifth-round pick who tied for the league lead in interceptions during his rookie year, underwent arthroscopic knee surgery today that is expected to sideline him until training camp, league sources told me and @BradyHenderson.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 23, 2023 10:02 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:02 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:41 pm

Yeah Geno definitely going out on a limb for him but I believe it when I see it. I never found him impressive even when healthy.
are you talking about Eskridge? When have we actually seen him healthy? He had one end around his rookie year and looked like he was going to be Percy Harvin-esque. Then he took that huge shot to his head and he hasn't been the same since.

Like everybody, I'm hoping he has a break out year. What a huge win that would be - even if he returns kicks and runs an occasional gimmick play, that's a difference making change. My hopes aren't high, but there are at least SOME hopes.
He has caught 17 passes and I probably saw at least 15 and none were impressive. I just saw a guy not even close to a Percy in his prime which is what he should have been as a 2nd round gimmick guy.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 23, 2023 10:04 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:17 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:02 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:41 pm

Yeah Geno definitely going out on a limb for him but I believe it when I see it. I never found him impressive even when healthy.
are you talking about Eskridge? When have we actually seen him healthy? He had one end around his rookie year and looked like he was going to be Percy Harvin-esque. Then he took that huge shot to his head and he hasn't been the same since.

Like everybody, I'm hoping he has a break out year. What a huge win that would be - even if he returns kicks and runs an occasional gimmick play, that's a difference making change. My hopes aren't high, but there are at least SOME hopes.
Yeah, I think Esk and MacIntosh could be a dynamic duo on special teams for returners. Esk had a shitty catch rate so I don't know if he'll ever develop the hands to be anything more than an emergency WR, but that kid is straight lightnin'
Esk maybe but don't you need to be fast to be a returner? He had 14 KO returns in four seasons. None last season.
dt

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed May 24, 2023 2:36 am

Oh shit. I thought Kenny was faster than he 40 time. I've never looked at his 40. 4.62 might still be good in this day and age of kickoff returns :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 24, 2023 3:10 am

Cascade Kid wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 2:36 am
Oh shit. I thought Kenny was faster than he 40 time. I've never looked at his 40. 4.62 might still be good in this day and age of kickoff returns :lol:
Yes I bet he is great at catching touchbacks. lol Yes, his 40 time is why he fell to 7th round.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed May 24, 2023 3:00 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:12 pm
Well, this is why Woolen wasn't there (apologies if it was mentioned in one of those long texts I didn't read lol)

Schefter: Seahawks’ Pro-Bowl CB Tariq Woolen, a 2022 fifth-round pick who tied for the league lead in interceptions during his rookie year, underwent arthroscopic knee surgery today that is expected to sideline him until training camp, league sources told me and @BradyHenderson.
So, the season ends in January, and he has this procedure in late May?

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed May 24, 2023 4:04 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:00 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:12 pm

So, the season ends in January, and he has this procedure in late May?
it popped as he walked onto the field in OTAs. I'm saying there was something there but it wasn't bothering him until then. Like when you have a weak spot on your sock - you don't even notice it until you stick your toe thru it.