Woolen Has Knee Surgery

Cascade Kid

Woolen Has Knee Surgery

Post by Cascade Kid » Tue May 23, 2023 6:59 pm

Expected to be out until training camp according to ESPN Adam Schefer and Brady Henderson.

-
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/377 ... ning-camp
-
Seattle Seahawks Pro Bowl cornerback Tariq Woolen underwent arthroscopic knee surgery Tuesday that is expected to sideline him until training camp, league sources told ESPN.

Woolen, a fifth-round draft selection last year who tied for the league lead with six interceptions as a rookie, injured his knee while walking on the practice field for OTAs one week ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Doctors reviewed the injury, and Woolen's surgery, which took place in Houston, went as well as doctors could have hoped, according to a source.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Geno Smith: Still approach deal as 'year-by-year'
16hBrady Henderson
Woolen is expected to be ready for the start of training camp in late July, but the Seahawks also will proceed carefully with their prized cornerback, according to sources.

Seattle also recognized it needed more depth at the position and re-signed former cornerback Artie Burns to a one-year deal Monday.

The Seahawks also used their top pick in last month's draft on Illinois star cornerback Devon Witherspoon, who they envision teaming up with Woolen to dominate the cornerback position for seasons to come.

Woolen was not at Monday's OTA practice, and coach Pete Carroll did not speak to reporters afterward.

Burns, 28, joined the Seahawks last offseason on a one-year deal and served as a backup to Woolen and Mike Jackson, playing only 16 defensive snaps.

maoling

Re: Woolen Has Knee Surgery

Post by maoling » Tue May 23, 2023 7:10 pm

I wonder if this was a recent injury or if he's been dinged for a while.

douche

Post by douche » Tue May 23, 2023 9:26 pm

Screenshot 2023-05-23 152604.png
Screenshot 2023-05-23 152604.png (75.25 KiB) Viewed 313 times

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 23, 2023 9:59 pm

douche wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:26 pm
Screenshot 2023-05-23 152604.png
Is that satire. How in the Fuck is that real life.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed May 24, 2023 3:57 am

I once popped out my knee bowing before I entered the mat in jiu jitsu school. Of course, I was 40+ with bad knees.

Anyway, it was arthroscopic surgery, which is a WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT than plain ol' knee surgery. My guess is he had a little piece of whatever loose cartilage or bone spur that tweaked while he walked and they just went in to clean it up. Won't even leave a scar. In and of itself, the surgery is nothing... unless there is something more to it, of course.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 24, 2023 10:19 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:57 am
I once popped out my knee bowing before I entered the mat in jiu jitsu school. Of course, I was 40+ with bad knees.

Anyway, it was arthroscopic surgery, which is a WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT than plain ol' knee surgery. My guess is he had a little piece of whatever loose cartilage or bone spur that tweaked while he walked and they just went in to clean it up. Won't even leave a scar. In and of itself, the surgery is nothing... unless there is something more to it, of course.
LOL I assume you bow to the Forum before each of your posts here? :)
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed May 24, 2023 3:02 pm

Yeah, being arthroscopic, I'd believe it was meniscus, which isn't major at all, I was in my 40s and played 9 softball games in a three day tourney three weeks to the day from my procedure. I was far from 100%, but I also was far from an elite athlete with all the rehab options that he has. MAYBE it happened in the off season. But this is just so strange.

trharder

Post by trharder » Fri May 26, 2023 2:08 am

Woolen, a fifth-round draft selection last year who tied for the league lead with six interceptions as a rookie, injured his knee while walking on the practice field for OTAs one week ago.
Did Woolen do something to piss the media off?
I've seen things like this described as innocuously as
" __________ had his knee scoped and isn't expected to miss much time..."

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri May 26, 2023 11:41 am

If he really injured it while walking on the practice field then he should probably just retire now.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 26, 2023 12:06 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:41 am
If he really injured it while walking on the practice field then he should probably just retire now.
:lol: Tripped on a chalk line?
dt