Zach Charbonnet - Most Violent RB in 4K!

Donn Beach

Re: Zach Charbonnet - Most Violent RB in 4K!

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 29, 2023 4:39 pm

We shall see, going to have Walker in his second season they might want to establish him as a lead back. I sense a topic of complaint, charbonnet not getting the ball enough

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 29, 2023 6:34 pm

Speak of the Devil:

Q: FootballGirlAna asks: Do you expect Seattle to carry four RBs (running backs)? Or do you expect Seattle to ask (Zach) Charbonnet and (Kenny) McIntosh to compete for the same job? Or both be used?

A: I think running back is a cut-and-dried position heading into camp as I do think the Seahawks will keep four on the 53-man roster — veterans Kenneth Walker III and DeeJay Dallas and draft picks Charbonnet and McIntosh.

I think the first three are locks, with the only intrigue being if someone made a run at McIntosh for the final spot, but I think it’d take a lot for him not to make it. The only other two RBs on the roster are undrafted rookie free agent Chris Smith and veteran free agent Bryant Koback.

ADVERTISING
The Seahawks have usually kept four on the 53, with at least two needing to be significant special-teams players. Dallas has been a key special-teams players his three years with the Seahawks, and Charbonnet and McIntosh look like they can do it, as well (and not just as return players but also in coverage).

McIntosh will have to show he can take on a significant special-teams role in case the team uses Charbonnet in a major ball-carrying role.

Walker and Rashaad Penny, for instance, didn’t do special teams last year, leaving it all to Dallas and Travis Homer.

Charbonnet most likely projects as the second, or complementary, back behind Walker. And his status as a second-round pick means that logically, it would take a lot to dislodge him from that role. Early returns from rookie minicamp and OTAs are that Charbonnet is exactly what they thought he was.

That leaves Dallas and McIntosh likely vying for the third-down, two-minute role and for depth.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon May 29, 2023 7:01 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:34 pm
Speak of the Devil:

Q: FootballGirlAna asks: Do you expect Seattle to carry four RBs (running backs)? Or do you expect Seattle to ask (Zach) Charbonnet and (Kenny) McIntosh to compete for the same job? Or both be used?

A: I think running back is a cut-and-dried position heading into camp as I do think the Seahawks will keep four on the 53-man roster — veterans Kenneth Walker III and DeeJay Dallas and draft picks Charbonnet and McIntosh.

I think the first three are locks, with the only intrigue being if someone made a run at McIntosh for the final spot, but I think it’d take a lot for him not to make it. The only other two RBs on the roster are undrafted rookie free agent Chris Smith and veteran free agent Bryant Koback.

ADVERTISING
The Seahawks have usually kept four on the 53, with at least two needing to be significant special-teams players. Dallas has been a key special-teams players his three years with the Seahawks, and Charbonnet and McIntosh look like they can do it, as well (and not just as return players but also in coverage).

McIntosh will have to show he can take on a significant special-teams role in case the team uses Charbonnet in a major ball-carrying role.

Walker and Rashaad Penny, for instance, didn’t do special teams last year, leaving it all to Dallas and Travis Homer.

Charbonnet most likely projects as the second, or complementary, back behind Walker. And his status as a second-round pick means that logically, it would take a lot to dislodge him from that role. Early returns from rookie minicamp and OTAs are that Charbonnet is exactly what they thought he was.

That leaves Dallas and McIntosh likely vying for the third-down, two-minute role and for depth.
Who was "FootballGirlAna" asking? McIntosh is so much better than DeeJay ever was or will be, and while DeeJay played a lot of special teams, he sucked at it, so not sure how "key" he was. On top of that, he's entering the last year of his rookie deal, so if anybody is competing for the #4 spot, I'd bet it's Dallas.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 29, 2023 7:22 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 7:01 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:34 pm
Speak of the Devil:

ADVERTISING

Who was "FootballGirlAna" asking? McIntosh is so much better than DeeJay ever was or will be, and while DeeJay played a lot of special teams, he sucked at it, so not sure how "key" he was. On top of that, he's entering the last year of his rookie deal, so if anybody is competing for the #4 spot, I'd bet it's Dallas.
She was asking Bob C.

Yes, total woman question. lol We have carried 4 RBs for years, not going to suddenly go to three. And if we did it would be Dallas that would be cut.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon May 29, 2023 10:57 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 7:22 pm

She was asking Bob C.

Yes, total woman question. lol We have carried 4 RBs for years, not going to suddenly go to three. And if we did it would be Dallas that would be cut.
I'd argue they actually often carry 5. Count Bellore as 1/2 and a return/utility guy like Igwebuike as another 1/2. Charbonnet and McIntosh replace Penny and Homer... plain and simple, unless somehow they suck and/or somebody else steps up and surprises.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue May 30, 2023 7:27 am

And now an article on how McIntosh could be a big contributer as a rookie....
. Being that Seattle picked the 6-foot, 210-pound McIntosh late, he doesn’t come to the team with nearly the same kind of expectations that Charbonnet has or that Walker had a year ago. But don’t rule him out for having a key role for the Seahawks even as a rookie. In fact, as Seattle Sports’ Brock Huard explained last week, there’s one thing about McIntosh that makes him perfectly suited to contribute on offense right away.

“I’m trying to think of a back that they have had that truly has been as equal a receiver as a rusher,” Huard said of the Seahawks.

“McIntosh (at OTAs is) running wheel routes and different routes out of the backfield, and you just see that this guy is is adept at receiving the ball,” Huard said. “That’s not always what Pete, I think, asks of the scouting department. What he wants first and foremost is what they got in the second round the last two years, and that’s somebody that is going to gore you, someone that just has a contact level that is violent. I mean, the Marshawn Lynches of the world. What he has looked for traditionally is some of that just straight physical presence, and they’ve drafted to that.”
“You’re gonna be like, ‘Oh, wow.’ He makes it look really easy,” Huard said of McIntosh’s receiving skills
Sounds to me that yeah, McIntosh could be projected as the 3rd down back, interesting

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1757840/ ... -big-role/

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue May 30, 2023 2:39 pm

That was why he dropped. He's too slow to be a feature back. His only useful role is as a pass-catching threat.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 30, 2023 2:50 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:39 pm
That was why he dropped. He's too slow to be a feature back. His only useful role is as a pass-catching threat.
Which is ironic because WRs are usually faster than RBs.....but I get it.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 30, 2023 2:52 pm

Cracks me up that EVERY time they quote Brock, they throw this in. I mean is there a single person reading that doesn't know who he is???
Huard, a former NFL quarterback and current FOX college football analyst,
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue May 30, 2023 3:09 pm

That's just journalism 101, who doesn't know Donald is a former president
Prosecutors in former President Donald Trump's Manhattan criminal case have released to his attorneys a recording of Trump and a witness, whose identity was not disclosed, according to a document the office made public Friday