Is it time for Pete Carroll to hit the road?

What should the Seahawks do with Pete Carroll?

Fire Pete Carroll, game 1 was a disgrace.
17%
It's too early to tell, let's see a few more games.
58%
Let Pete finish the season no matter what, then decide in the offseason.
25%

Total votes: 12

Sexymarinersfan

Is it time for Pete Carroll to hit the road?

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:11 am

This defense was fucking vanilla zone hot garbage all day, no pass rush pathetic bullshit!! 95 yards total passing??!! The fuck outta here!!! No discipline whatsoever!! And what in the actual fuck has Clint Hurtt ever done to be elevated to Defensive Coordinator? I mean seriously?! What superstar DL Line coach came in, that made the Seahawks say "Hey, we need to promote Clint Hurtt to Def. Coordinator! The Rams are supposed to rebuilding. You let Matt Stafford run for a 1st down? Good God! Burn it all down if this is how the rest of the season is gonna go. Why do we just keep plugging these "Pete Carroll GUYS" in at Def Coordinator? We'll never have a Vic Fangio as long as Pete is around.

Every year we talk about the same shit over and over and over again, about how the defense gives up a million yards! When is it going to end!!? No the truth is, the Seahawks were a pretty bad football team in the 2nd half of last season, and they're still a pretty bad football team now. We just got hammered by the FUCKING Rams!! The rebuilding Fucking Rams!

I think there IS talent on this team, there is, but we just got "out coached!" McVay just out coached us. It might be time for some fresh new blood at the coaching position. And I'm getting tired of DK's bullshit. I've never felt like trading a star player more than I ever have today. Suck it up and act like a fucking man. Nobody fears this fucking team, especially this weak ass defense. Bring in the new blood!
Last edited by Sexymarinersfan on Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Re: Is it time for Pete Carroll to hit the road?

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:46 am

Thank God we gave this guy the biggest FA deal in team history! Those two assisted tackles he had yesterday were awesome!!!
dj.JPG
dj.JPG (81.51 KiB) Viewed 356 times
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:22 am

Glimmer of hope. Game 1 2021 the Packers lost to the Saints 38-3 and then won their next 7 in a row and won a division title with a 13-4 record.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/ ... eason/2021
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:53 am

I'm sure once Adams is back the D will become a force to be reckoned with.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:56 pm

dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:13 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:56 pm
The book is out on Geno. He actually DOES suck!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:14 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:56 pm
That was pointed out a ton last year. Not only that? That 6 and 3 start included wins over the Chargers and two over the Cardinals in which they made ZERO effort to run the ball, even thought it was pretty obvious we couldn't stop the run. The problem now? We can't stop ANYTHING. I can't ever remember a time when I stopped watching a Seahawk opener in the 3rd quarter. But I spent the majority of the second half on the Red Zone. That was downright awful.

I disagree with Sexy a bit, in that I am tired of hearing about how the defense has talent. Says who? Because we read about how good they are supposed to be we believe it? Our secondary already can't cover anyone and we had the worst front seven I've ever seen last year. It sure seems after one game we didn't do enough to improve that. What talent? Bobby is old, Riq might have been a flash in the pan, the front three is fucking terrible...what talent? The WRs? OK, fine, but if we have the real Geno and not 2022 Geno, does that fucking matter?

No one has been more critical of Pete than I have been over the years. But, we asked him to change, and he did. You want to blame him for Hurt? I can get on board with that, because the scheme is pretty soft. But so are the eleven mother fuckers making millions to play defense.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:05 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:11 am
I think there IS talent on this team, there is, but we just got "out coached!" McVay just out coached us. It might be time for some fresh new blood at the coaching position. And I'm getting tired of DK's bullshit. I've never felt like trading a star player more than I ever have today. Suck it up and act like a fucking man. Nobody fears this fucking team, especially this weak ass defense. Bring in the new blood!
Well stated. Completely out coached.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:40 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:22 am
Glimmer of hope. Game 1 2021 the Packers lost to the Saints 38-3 and then won their next 7 in a row and won a division title with a 13-4 record.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/ ... eason/2021
Geno isn’t Rogers. :)

acctingman

Post by acctingman » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:04 pm

But will ownership ever fire Pete?

Not that I'd want Jerry Jones, but he would have fired Pete (no?)