The future looks so bright

SeattleAddict

The future looks so bright

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:09 am

While watching all the post game stuff, I got thinking what an amazing start to the season this has been.

The team has had a HUGE number of injuries, but almost all of them (save for Morris) are short-term. With all those injuries, a LOT of backups have gotten a ton of quality playing time. This is huge for player development, and really gives the coaching staff a great idea what they can actually do. They don't have to guess/extrapolate whether guys like Curhan or Forsythe or Bradford can play. They got to see, know what they can do, what they can't, etc. That playing time and game tape could make them more tradeable, too, if necessary. Lock and Olu even got some playing time. We got to see Witherspoon in a new position and he was GAME CHANGING in it.

Now we get a bye. Cross will be back. Lucas will be back. Haynes I assume will be back. Adams will be back. McIntosh will be added soon (hopefully). DK and Riq get another week to rest their injuries. Burns, Brown and Bryant get time to heal (unsure the extent of their injuries, along with Reed and Lewis)

15 rookies on the team, a year after one of the best draft classes in history. That's nearly half the roster in the first or second year.

All this, and the team is 3-1 with a couple of very winnable games coming up. If they didn't shit the bed in the second half of the Rams game, this team would be the talk of the NFL.

It feels a lot like how the Super Bowl team was created.

Donn Beach

Re: The future looks so bright

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:07 am

Yeah, the first game is disappearing in the rear view mirror, and really it was the second half of that game is
Sure, it wasn't 43-8, but the Seahawks' victory Monday night was impressive in its own right. It was vintage Pete Carroll/Seahawks football that prides itself on having a tough, opportunistic defense, a powerful running game and precise, timely passing. Seattle did each of those in spades Monday night despite losing quarterback Geno Smith for a period of time with a knee injury.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:43 am

The Mariners are disappearing in the rear view mirror too. 👍

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:03 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:09 am
While watching all the post game stuff, I got thinking what an amazing start to the season this has been.

The team has had a HUGE number of injuries, but almost all of them (save for Morris) are short-term. With all those injuries, a LOT of backups have gotten a ton of quality playing time. This is huge for player development, and really gives the coaching staff a great idea what they can actually do. They don't have to guess/extrapolate whether guys like Curhan or Forsythe or Bradford can play. They got to see, know what they can do, what they can't, etc. That playing time and game tape could make them more tradeable, too, if necessary. Lock and Olu even got some playing time. We got to see Witherspoon in a new position and he was GAME CHANGING in it.

Now we get a bye. Cross will be back. Lucas will be back. Haynes I assume will be back. Adams will be back. McIntosh will be added soon (hopefully). DK and Riq get another week to rest their injuries. Burns, Brown and Bryant get time to heal (unsure the extent of their injuries, along with Reed and Lewis)

15 rookies on the team, a year after one of the best draft classes in history. That's nearly half the roster in the first or second year.

All this, and the team is 3-1 with a couple of very winnable games coming up. If they didn't shit the bed in the second half of the Rams game, this team would be the talk of the NFL.

I agree with everything but Adams. The dude is done. He played 9 snaps, made a tackle with his head STRAIGHT down, then was wobbly as fuck and managed to get pissed off at the Dr that wouldn't clear his stumbling ass to go back on the field. Ridiculous. Learn to tackle and that won't happen, but in today's day and age, did he actually think he could look like a drunkard doing a DUI test while walking off the field and they would clear him to return to play? All bitching about safety and the shit that the Dolphins went through about Tua. I'm sorry, if you look like that? After contact to the head? You aint getting back in the game.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:33 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:03 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:09 am

I agree with everything but Adams. The dude is done. He played 9 snaps, made a tackle with his head STRAIGHT down, then was wobbly as fuck and managed to get pissed off at the Dr that wouldn't clear his stumbling ass to go back on the field. Ridiculous. Learn to tackle and that won't happen, but in today's day and age, did he actually think he could look like a drunkard doing a DUI test while walking off the field and they would clear him to return to play? All bitching about safety and the shit that the Dolphins went through about Tua. I'm sorry, if you look like that? After contact to the head? You aint getting back in the game.
You think Adams is done because he took a knee to the head? I thought he looked decent for the few plays he was out there. Him getting a freak concussion doesn't have any bearing on weather or not he will be an impact player going forward.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:11 pm

Yeah, he has two weeks to recover, hopefully he will. Concussions are getting pretty common. But for him not to make it through his first game again is pretty amazing. I can understand his being upset. The guy wants to play football

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:28 pm

How about dem Hawks?!!??!!

Depth is gonna catapult this team.

Love it.

Giants tried to sucker punch us the first 10 minutes of the game. Officials with stupid hometown calls too. Hawks answered with an absolute bitch slap via the defense.

Oh and on MNF!!!!!!!
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

acctingman

Post by acctingman » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:27 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:43 am
The Mariners are disappearing in the rear view mirror too. 👍
HUGE....I MEAN HUGE philosophic differences between the M's Org and the Hawks Org. Hawks Org want to win. M's org just wants to turn a profit.

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:01 pm

The defense looks aggressive and fast all of a sudden. I don’t even want to mention spoon. I’m superstitious. As for Adams, I thought MK was pro Adams. I would like to see Adams settle the fuck down a little. He needs some lessons from Lockett on how to play at a high level while taking care of your body.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:44 am

He took a knee to the head because he launched himself like a misle instead of trying to make a tackle. The guys style of play doesn’t lead to healthy seasons, and guys that continue to get hurt usually continue to get hurt. He played 1.5 quarters all of last year. Missed three games and then played 9 snaps. I’m not sure he is trending in the right direction.