Should we be worried about Geno's play?

Seattle or Bust

Should we be worried about Geno's play?

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:03 pm

Not sure we're getting $40ish million worth of performance out of Geno Smith at the moment.

He's 19th in passing yards/YPG, 10th in QBR, 12th in TD passes... Overall it's just been pretty average.

Now, has his offensive line been as issue? Yes. Do I think he's seeing the field well right now? No. His decision making has been quite suspect and/or he seems to be in extreme caution mode to avoid mistakes. If I'm DK, Lockett, JSN... I'm really not happy w. the lack of balls being put in the air at my direction. The WR core is too good for this little of production.

I'm also really starting to grow tired of this "chip on my shoulder" mindset that is causing him to get quite aggravated and led to a personal conduct flag in yesterday's game. He's getting really testy/angry every game that doesn't go well for him and it steams over to sideline bullshit and poor body language on the field.

Long story short, he needs to pull his head out of his ass and play better for what he's getting paid.

Despite some incompletions, I thought Drew Lock ran circles around him in the 5 minutes he played w. his ability to move in the pocket and see the field.

douche

Re: Should we be worried about Geno's play?

Post by douche » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:43 pm

He threw a pretty nice laser beam to DK in the end zone.

Could his overall play be better? Sure. But one can say that about almost any player. With the exception of Witherspoon, of course :D
Last edited by douche on Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:45 pm

douche wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:43 pm
He threw a pretty nice laser beam to DK in the end zone.

Could his overall play be better? Probably.
He was also 13 for 20 for 130 yards... :roll:

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:49 pm

he played great weeks 2 and 3. He got hurt and was out of the game for a bunch of this one, so his stats weren't good, and he made a couple of poor passes late, but he didn't play poorly at all.

If that worries you, you don't have much sense.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:50 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:49 pm
he played great weeks 2 and 3. He got hurt and was out of the game for a bunch of this one, so his stats weren't good, and he made a couple of poor passes late, but he didn't play poorly at all.

Why do you always have some dumb shit like this to say?

Genuinely curious.

Why can't you just leave it as, "I don't think he's playing poorly."

Why do you always have to make it personal? Just always such weird behavior from you.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:59 pm

And he avg'd 5.5 yards per completion which is dog shit.

He missed the final 5 minutes of the 2nd Q which was 2x drives total, one of which led to a TD, another where they handed the ball off to drain the clock heading into the half so he really only missed 1x legit chance to move the ball.

The Hawks punted on 3 of his first 4 drives in 5 plays or less. They only had 4 drives out of 11 that extended further than 5 plays for the game... two of which were ran by Drew Lock.

That's pathetic.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:15 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:

Didn't need that last line, Brother. You can flip me shit any time though. I deserve it. :)
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:17 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:59 pm
And he avg'd 5.5 yards per completion which is dog shit.

He missed the final 5 minutes of the 2nd Q which was 2x drives total, one of which led to a TD, another where they handed the ball off to drain the clock heading into the half so he really only missed 1x legit chance to move the ball.

The Hawks punted on 3 of his first 4 drives in 5 plays or less. They only had 4 drives out of 11 that extended further than 5 plays for the game... two of which were ran by Drew Lock.

That's pathetic.
I am looking forward to the Drew Lock era....Might come as soon as next year.
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:46 pm

Other than worried about a possible injury from last night, I did not have “bad Geno” on my day-after-a-victory bingo card. If in a future game the team needs Geno to deliver in the clutch and he chokes instead, I’ll be right there with you, but not after the third victory in a row.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:12 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:15 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:

Didn't need that last line, Brother.
why not? there was no personal attack, I answered the question.

The post was "should we be worried about Geno?" and my answer is "IF you're worried, you don't have much sense". That's not a definite, it's a hypothetical.

I didn't even notice who posted the question, but maybe I should've guessed.