Should we be worried about Geno's play?

D-train

Re: Should we be worried about Geno's play?

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:06 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:45 pm
You think Lock would put up better numbers than that? I don't.
I don't know. I haven't seen him play in this system other than a handful of plays last game.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:08 pm

I don't think Waldron gave him much of a chance there in the redzone in the 4th quarter. It was blatantly obvious that the O-Line was gassed and was getting overwhelmed and they kept having Geno drop back and try to throw it into the endzone. He never had a chance to set his feet and run through his progressions. They should have taken advantage of the Bengals aggressiveness and called some quick hitters, slants, or throws to the flat and let the receivers work for some yards after catch. that's just my two cents.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:09 pm

He has to take the blame there, every QB has to, even if it is the WRs fault. He played below average, but damn, it we had ANY imagination in the Red Zone we win that game by more than a TD. The execution could have been better, sure, but what the fuck was Waldron doing!?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:13 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:08 pm
I don't think Waldron gave him much of a chance there in the redzone in the 4th quarter. It was blatantly obvious that the O-Line was gassed and was getting overwhelmed and they kept having Geno drop back and try to throw it into the endzone. He never had a chance to set his feet and run through his progressions. They should have taken advantage of the Bengals aggressiveness and called some quick hitters, slants, or throws to the flat and let the receivers work for some yards after catch. that's just my two cents.
Sorry, I see we were basically typing at the same time. Yes, just zero imagination out of the play calling. After K 9s first TD it was pretty obvious their front was gonna sell out and make us do it a different way, but the next six plays in goal to go situations were first down dive, second down down, third down pass with no chance. Ridiculous. Should the O Line have been better? Yea, I think so. But do you just throw your hands up as a play caller and give up? Waldron had a shitty day. He should have come out and made the same statement Dan Lanning did, because this one falls squarely in him.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:17 pm

Stacy:
There’s plenty of blame to divvy around – from play calling to protection to penalties – but as with any game in the NFL, it always comes down to the quarterback. This time, that feels fair. If Smith wants to be the guy for Seattle, he’ll need to come up clutch in more moments than he did on Sunday.
Bob:
Despite playing with backups once again, the offensive line did a pretty nice job of protecting Geno throughout the game. The problem was, Geno got in the habit of hanging on to the ball a bit too long, which ended up costing the Seahawks. Whether that’s on the receivers inability to gain separation or not, he’s got to get rid of the ball.
Mike Lefko:

Whether it was the strange struggles coming off the bye (the Seahawks are now 7-7 under Pete Carroll after a week off), the offensive line dealing with reshuffling of players, or Geno Smith just not playing well, the Seahawks turned in a rough offensive performance. Untimely penalties hamstrung red zone opportunities, and the two interceptions took away chances for the Seahawks to put together long drives.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:18 pm

Plenty of blame to go around but the QB has to get it done just like Penix did on Saturday.....
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:51 pm

Russell probably takes 7+ sacks yesterday. Cross and Curhan were bloody awful. Does Geno need to learn to get rid of the ball faster in those situations? Yes.

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:37 pm

The stats aren't going to change what I think in any way. I watch the games.
Geno, his receivers and the OC were not acting in tandem for this game. Geno's relationship with his receivers was my biggest
disappointment. Geno (I guess) doesn't see DK wide fucking open for a TD. DK gets a stupid penalty again after going a couple weeks
where he seemed to have grown out of that. Then Geno tries to force it to DK, presumably to assuage DK's diva-ness.
Then out of the blue, JSN gets Diva privilege as a god damn rookie? The announcers are acting like the Seahawks are obligated to
find a way to get JSN the ball and it was if they knew what Geno was thinking as Geno tries to force it to the rookie resulting in a pick.

You are the leader, Geno. You should not be influenced in any way by WRs whining etc. They take their orders from you.
Sometimes the QB needs to just not lose the game. Other times, like Sunday, the team needs you to put the game on your back.
Get angry, Geno. Do better.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:46 pm

trharder wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:37 pm
The stats aren't going to change what I think in any way. I watch the games.
Geno, his receivers and the OC were not acting in tandem for this game. Geno's relationship with his receivers was my biggest
disappointment. Geno (I guess) doesn't see DK wide fucking open for a TD. DK gets a stupid penalty again after going a couple weeks
where he seemed to have grown out of that. Then Geno tries to force it to DK, presumably to assuage DK's diva-ness.
Then out of the blue, JSN gets Diva privilege as a god damn rookie? The announcers are acting like the Seahawks are obligated to
find a way to get JSN the ball and it was if they knew what Geno was thinking as Geno tries to force it to the rookie resulting in a pick.

You are the leader, Geno. You should not be influenced in any way by WRs whining etc. They take their orders from you.
Sometimes the QB needs to just not lose the game. Other times, like Sunday, the team needs you to put the game on your back.
Get angry, Geno. Do better.
Agree and here's an idea. More Bobo!!!! :idea: :shock:
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:46 pm
Agree and here's an idea. More Bobo!!!! :idea: :shock:
Bobo has responded well with the limited opportunities he's received. He took a hell of a hit on that one catch and hung on to the ball.
I'm not sure Bobo and JSN are competing for the same exact routes, but yeah, don't be afraid to use Bobo!
I feel like JSN will develop and likely be good, but forcing it is not how to do things.