Breaking! Wow that was quick. Welcome back Frank!

D-train

Breaking! Wow that was quick. Welcome back Frank!

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:47 pm

dt

Donn Beach

Re: Breaking! Wow that was quick. Welcome back Frank!

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:49 pm

Well hopefully he gives a boost. Seems like his motor isn't what it once was

Nwadventure

Post by Nwadventure » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:56 pm

Pete saw Clark at a discount- Wondering what's still left in the tank ?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:56 pm

Guess it was somewhat injury related
What explains the falling out between Clark and the Broncos? According to 9NEWS' Mike Klis, things went "sideways from the start" between player and team.

Even though a contract agreement was reached before the team's mandatory minicamp in June, he requested and received permission from coach Sean Payton to skip the three-day practice session.

In training camp, Clark suffered from illness and a thumb injury and missed enough time for Jonathon Cooper, a 7th-round pick in 2021, to beat him out as an outside linebacker starter. Clark played just 25 of a possible 59 snaps and had two tackles in the season-opening loss against the Raiders.

Clark then suffered a strained groin and hip abductor in practice prior to the Broncos' week 2 game against Washington and missed three games. Meanwhile, the Broncos traded away, rather than released, another veteran outside pass rusher in Randy Gregory.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:26 pm

I for one don't expect much, but it'd be so sweet if he returns to form and becomes an impact player, just to stick it to the Broncos again. I don't know why that is still so damn satisfying, but it is.

douche

Post by douche » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:53 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:49 pm
Well hopefully he gives a boost. Seems like his motor isn't what it once was
Agreed.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:48 pm

Carroll said that Clark would rotate in as an edge rusher. That seems odd to me given that they have no depth at DE.

maoling

Post by maoling » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:20 pm

I was excited about this last week until it was pointed out that he has sucked so far this year. But if he's healthy I'm glad he's back.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:31 pm

maoling wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:20 pm
I was excited about this last week until it was pointed out that he has sucked so far this year. But if he's healthy I'm glad he's back.
he hasn't really even played this year. I don't know what the facts are in Denver, but it's entirely possible the reports of him battling injuries led to him not getting playing time, and considering the dumpster fire that is Denver, it's also possible they were wrong to not play him and let him go.

Also possible he's washed... but if that's the case at the very least he's a veteran that knows what's going on, so he shouldn't hurt anything.

maoling

Post by maoling » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:28 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:31 pm
maoling wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:20 pm
he hasn't really even played this year. I don't know what the facts are in Denver, but it's entirely possible the reports of him battling injuries led to him not getting playing time, and considering the dumpster fire that is Denver, it's also possible they were wrong to not play him and let him go.

Also possible he's washed... but if that's the case at the very least he's a veteran that knows what's going on, so he shouldn't hurt anything.
It won't hurt, agreed, and I'm glad we are the ones kicking the tires to see where he's at.