Pick you poison poll

Door 1 or Door 2

only win 1 more game and finish 7-10 and have a top 10 pick in which we pick a QB with the potential to be a franchise QB. PC ERA ends.
73%
Win 4 more games and make the playoffs at 10-7 and win one game in the playoffs. With the #23 pick we draft the 1st Guard taken. PC Era continues.
27%

Total votes: 15

D-train

Pick you poison poll

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:56 pm

You only have two choices so choose wisely
dt

Michael K.

Re: Pick you poison poll

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:51 pm

I would rather have a high draft pick. But I am not sold on it spelling the end of the Pete Carroll era, nor am I positive it should. My hope would be that it wakes his ass up, he realizes it is time to stop meddling in the shit he isn't good at and surrounds himself with great minds that he actually empowers to use their great minds. I don't see it though. I am actually a little scared of what a rebuild could mean. I mean, they really have deviated from past draft strategies....no reaches, not trade backs. If they did that for two years in a row and it got us here? We might see them go full on against the grain mode like they have in the past. That worked....like ten or twelve years ago, and they held on to it forever.

I think this team is a few things short of being right back in the hunt for the division. A good OC, a good DC and a good QB. Since I don't think any of those three is going to be coming around to save us next year? I am a bit worried about the future. I was real high on CJ Stroud going into last year, and was positive we had no shot at him. I didn't really like the others, TBH. Doesn't it seem that this year's class is similar? Williams and a bunch of guys? We aren't getting Williams.

I do agree with Sexy though, and the Daniels kid looks legit. Maybe we luck out and get him? Penix has taken an absolute nosedive, I am not sold on Maye, and really don't think there is any others that change the game. Sanders? Fuck no.

douche

Post by douche » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:00 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:51 pm
I think this team is a few things short of being right back in the hunt for the division. A good OC, a good DC and a good QB. Since I don't think any of those three is going to be coming around to save us next year? I am a bit worried about the future.
I think you're right, this team isn't that far off. And as much as you don't want to see your team tank, I'd be okay with it if it means a new coach. I think Pete's expiration date is overdue. Yes, it's nice to see your team make the playoffs consistently, but when it comes to the 'Always Compete' mantra, as a fan you have to ask yourself, 'Do we want to make the playoffs every year and bow out as a wildcard team, or do we want to suffer through a few rough years to get back to a Super Bowl?'

I actually like the 'Always Compete' mantra, and PC and JS have assembled a pretty sturdy roster, I just don't think enough value is being extracted from it.

Perhaps a new coach can do that while PC and JS continue to stock the cupboard... I'm not sure what the answer is.

This team hasn't done much in the postseason for a few years now.

2013 - SB win
2014 - SB loss
2015 - Win WC, lose Divisional
2016 - Win WC, lose Divisional
2017 - Miss playoffs
2018 - Lose WC
2019 - Win WC, lose Divisional
2020 - Lose WC
2021 - Miss playoffs
2022 - Lose WC

maoling

Post by maoling » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:52 am

Sorry, three choices.

Door Number Three:

Take Peyote, You of Little Faith.

Our SB Run starts tomorrow in Dallas.

douche

Post by douche » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:38 pm

This is a touch frightening. From nfl.com:

"The Seahawks offense is in a full-blown slump, currently on a 20-drive streak without a touchdown, the longest in the NFL. Kicker Jason Myers has outscored the rest of the Seattle offense in four straight games and in five of seven outings since the Week 5 bye."

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:08 am

Michael K. wrote:
I would rather have a high draft pick. But I am not sold on it spelling the end of the Pete Carroll era, nor am I positive it should. My hope would be that it wakes his ass up, he realizes it is time to stop meddling in the shit he isn't good at and surrounds himself with great minds that he actually empowers to use their great minds. I don't see it though. I am actually a little scared of what a rebuild could mean. I mean, they really have deviated from past draft strategies....no reaches, not trade backs. If they did that for two years in a row and it got us here? We might see them go full on against the grain mode like they have in the past. That worked....like ten or twelve years ago, and they held on to it forever.

I think this team is a few things short of being right back in the hunt for the division. A good OC, a good DC and a good QB. Since I don't think any of those three is going to be coming around to save us next year? I am a bit worried about the future. I was real high on CJ Stroud going into last year, and was positive we had no shot at him. I didn't really like the others, TBH. Doesn't it seem that this year's class is similar? Williams and a bunch of guys? We aren't getting Williams.

I do agree with Sexy though, and the Daniels kid looks legit. Maybe we luck out and get him? Penix has taken an absolute nosedive, I am not sold on Maye, and really don't think there is any others that change the game. Sanders? Fuck no.
Bo Nix has an accurate arm. He is a decent enough athlete.
Williams, Daniels, Nix, Maye, Penix
This would probably be my top 5.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 am

at 6-7 we are now tied with about 1/2 a dozen teams for the last wildcard. But, it looks like we are a QB away from being a true contender. We did play the Cowboys and the Niners well enough to win but we had some bad pussy play calls around mid field to just punt away and the Hawks had to be a lil more of a go-for-it.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:20 pm

Pharmabro wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 am
at 6-7 we are now tied with about 1/2 a dozen teams for the last wildcard. But, it looks like we are a QB away from being a true contender. We did play the Cowboys and the Niners well enough to win but we had some bad pussy play calls around mid field to just punt away and the Hawks had to be a lil more of a go-for-it.
Due to tie breakers we wouldn't make it if the season ended today. Unless we beat the Eagles it is all over but the cryin and the tankathon.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:08 pm

This looks way to much like "poison pill" and really gives me PTSD for the first time this Organization ruined a Super Bowl team!

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:21 pm

Pharmabro wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:08 am
Michael K. wrote:

Bo Nix has an accurate arm. He is a decent enough athlete.
Williams, Daniels, Nix, Maye, Penix
This would probably be my top 5.
Respectfully, there is no way Bo Nix should be ranked above Drake Maye. Not only does Maye have the best arm in this draft class, he's number one in deep balls thrown in the NCAA this season. I like Bo Nix, but I don't know how his game will translate to the NFL. Maye is a much more sure fire prospect, and it's not even close. There are rumblings that Maye could go #1 overall to the Bears. Nix isn't even in the same conversation and will be lucky to be drafted in the 2nd round.

Tier 1:
Caleb Williams
Drake Maye

Tier 2:
Jayden Daniels

Tier 3:
Bo Nix
Michael Penix
J.J. McCarthy

Tier 4:
Spencer Rattler
Carson Beck
Last edited by Sexymarinersfan on Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.