Drew's Team Now for the rest of 23?

57reasons

Drew's Team Now for the rest of 23?

Post by 57reasons » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:01 am

Sure is for me - wouldn't want Geno back for starter money anyway, might as well see what you've got in Drew. Back to back decent games against two of the best in the league, including the gw 92-yard drive - how can you not?

Gametime

Re: Drew's Team Now for the rest of 23?

Post by Gametime » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:03 am

Draft a qb. Use Geno money on DEs. Resign Williams.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:15 am

Pete said Geno is the starter

So much for competition always.

Just like Adams over Love.

The only area it seems to be true is Tariq.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:28 am

Gametime wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:15 am

Stupid. guess they've seen enough of Drew then, only way this makes sense is if they've given up on both of them (because to still believe in Geno long-term is also stupid).

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:19 pm

I would be totally fine going with Lock, but as has been said, PC already is saying he's excited to get Geno back next week
I could see Geno coming back strong after Lock being the temporary success. He's outwardly handling it well, but he's thinking about it.

Neither is franchise NFL QB material. PC and JS know this, but they gambled they could make the defense top 5 and be fine with a
mediocre offense.

Lock stares at his receivers way too much. He's locked in on one read on every play - probably by design. He's not much.
I like both him and Geno as people, but they aren't much as QBs. In the current NFL, you need a QB that that averages 30-50
yards per game on the ground. The two picks is why the Eagles lost. period.

douche

Post by douche » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:10 pm

trharder wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:19 pm
The two picks is why the Eagles lost. period.
Interesting how the D plays better without Adams. Addition by subtraction.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:15 pm

Trivia question. Adams set the record for Sacks by a DB in 2020. He has not had one since.

In the history of sports has somebody ever set an all time season record for something but then never had one again???? :shock:
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:33 pm

Gametime wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:15 am

I would be very surprised if Adams takes Love's spot. I think if and when Adams gets on the field from now on it'll be a situational type LB. The dude is just not equipped to play Safety anymore. Hasn't been for a while. That is why they stick him in the Box. The first Love INT last night was on the exact same play that Deebo roasted us for a long TD. Love was able to run with the guy, Adams had his doors blown off. Pete has done some crazy shit because he is loyal, but I sure don't see him going back to Adams. Not at the expense of Love's playing time anyway. Maybe he replaces Wagner or Brooks in Nickel situations? Maybe he becomes a situational pass rusher? But using him in coverage anymore makes no sense, especially since it would mean removing the guy that just had two picks to save our asses last night.

That said, anyone else stunned at some of the decision making by the Eagles? Both of the picks by Love were on risky throws that didn't seem to make sense. They were pounding us on the ground, and I get it, use play action and take a shot, but the shot wasn't there...why go deep? And the last one, they had time and timeouts. They didn't have to take a risky shot deep. A completion over the middle and a timeout and maybe they get one more play to get into FG range, maybe they are already in FG range, but it reminded me of several of the times we are so pissed that we take a deep shot and didn't need to!

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:39 pm

Love last 2 games. 3 picks and a fumble recovery. Multiple passes defended. He has done more in a couple Game Diggs and Adams have done all season.

I was excited when John signed him, and even more now.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:46 pm

Gametime wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:39 pm
Love last 2 games. 3 picks and a fumble recovery. Multiple passes defended. He has done more in a couple Game Diggs and Adams have done all season.

I was excited when John signed him, and even more now.
He plays the style of Safety that Pete incorporates. I was jacked when we signed Adams, and I thought that Gregg Williams was an idiot for saying we wouldn't know how to use him. Seems I was wrong and Gregg was right. Pete got Adams and then wanted to make him Earl Thomas. He is a bad fit for this defense, and now he is just a bad fit for the NFL. He is acting like Earl Thomas off the field and playing like a broken down version of Lofa Tatupu on the field.