Kick Geno to the curb???

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Kick Geno to the curb???

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:16 pm

Couldn't it be at least partially explained by the notion that Bradley and Quinn were considerably better defensive coordinators than Norton and Hurtt? I don't think Carroll was doing a whole lot of Xs and Os stuff but was telling the DCs how he wanted the defense to operate and then overseeing how it was implemented.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:26 pm

A head coach coaches his coaches. Pete's responsibility was to create a staff that would implement his defensive design. So we could say at least part of it was failing to build a strong staff. I'm still wondering why that was

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:42 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:26 pm
A head coach coaches his coaches. Pete's responsibility was to create a staff that would implement his defensive design. So we could say at least part of it was failing to build a strong staff. I'm still wondering why that was
Going from the LOB, top 5 defense all time, maybe best ever, to last year's shit rivaled the Fall of Rome...
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:24 pm

dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:24 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:16 pm
Couldn't it be at least partially explained by the notion that Bradley and Quinn were considerably better defensive coordinators than Norton and Hurtt? I don't think Carroll was doing a whole lot of Xs and Os stuff but was telling the DCs how he wanted the defense to operate and then overseeing how it was implemented.
Then he got WAY too much credit for the defense in the early days. But that goes along with what I said for years....Teflon Pete. All the credit and never any blame. People blamed the OC, the DC, the Gm, you name it. When we won? OMG, Pete is so great, master motivator, can't win until the 4th quarter, rah rah cis boom bah! We lose? Fuck the O Line, Fuck Russ, the OC and DC suck, John can't draft for shit.

All the credit, none of the blame. I never understood it. Seems like Jody didn't either.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:34 pm

I wonder if he will still get credit in his Advisory role. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:48 pm

Jim Moore. Not bitter at all. :lol: :lol: :lol:
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:11 pm

Quinn was the success story. That's what you want, bright assts to coach your players to victory, eventually to be picked off as HC candidates elsewhere. Build your coaching tree. No shame in that game. What's the killer are firings, it's failure, ruins continuity. That's what Pete was dealing with the latter part of his tenure. The disruption of having to fire coaches as opposed to them advancing to higher positions

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:15 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:11 pm
Quinn was the success story. That's what you want, bright assts to coach your players to victory, eventually to be picked off as HC candidates elsewhere. Build your coaching tree. No shame in that game. What's the killer are firings, it's failure, ruins continuity. That's what Pete was dealing with the latter part of his tenure. The disruption of having to fire coaches as opposed to them advancing to higher positions
Interesting JS had no interest in him.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:24 pm

JS interviewed Quinn twice. That would seem like some interest