Official NFL Mock Draft Simulator Thread - Post Your Mock Drafts!

D-train

Re: Official NFL Mock Draft Simulator Thread - Post Your Mock Drafts!

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:01 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:01 am
Having a Barton on the team will give me PTSD.
:lol:
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:21 am

Peter Schrager of the NFL Network (who I still don't forgive for making a total ass of himself and saying the Hawks 2011 draft class was an F, going as far to make fun of the franchise) said that after he posted his mock draft, he had several people message him saying he's nuts to not have Penix at least in the back end of round 1 if not earlier... the Raiders and Seahawks being teams interested.

He also has Jay Polk from the Huskies going 32 to the Chiefs... if both Penix and Polk went round 1, that would likely mean 4x Huskies in the 1st with Trice and Rosengarten having a chance to go in the 2nd round.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:56 pm

This trade actually makes a lot of sense to me. A team like the Eagles who have SB aspirations could move up to take a more blue chip prospect like Verse.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:10 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:56 pm

This trade actually makes a lot of sense to me. A team like the Eagles who have SB aspirations could move up to take a more blue chip prospect like Verse.
That trade works out value wise with us getting 1150 points of value and the Beagles getting 1092 points but Verse will be gone by then.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:27 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:21 am
Peter Schrager of the NFL Network (who I still don't forgive for making a total ass of himself and saying the Hawks 2011 draft class was an F, going as far to make fun of the franchise) said that after he posted his mock draft, he had several people message him saying he's nuts to not have Penix at least in the back end of round 1 if not earlier... the Raiders and Seahawks being teams interested.

He also has Jay Polk from the Huskies going 32 to the Chiefs... if both Penix and Polk went round 1, that would likely mean 4x Huskies in the 1st with Trice and Rosengarten having a chance to go in the 2nd round.
btw you still need to post the first 16 picks or you have no chance to win the contest....
dt

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:32 pm

Here is a draft that won't happen...but I went BPA however no way Rome lasts this long
Attachments
PFN_Draft_result_1713655627629.png

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:37 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Peter Schrager .... has Jay Polk from the Huskies going 32 to the Chiefs...
Polk has to be the most overrated player in the draft, at least from the boards i've seen. Watched every Husky game of both the Husky WR trio and it was clear as day to me that he was WR3, with the gap between him and McMillan as big as the gap from McMillan to Rome. JaLynn is a reliable option who does everything well, but nothing exceptional. He's not a field-stretcher who will ever put a scare in opposing defenses that you would have to scheme for. Absurd to think he'd be taken that high in this deep and talented of a receiver class. McMillan on the other hand has been underrated for quite a while but seems to be rising now that his health has returned and teams look deeper at his previous body of work - would not shock me if he actually gets drafted first of the two (but neither should go earlier than the 3rd).

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:12 am

57reasons wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:37 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Peter Schrager .... has Jay Polk from the Huskies going 32 to the Chiefs...
Polk has to be the most overrated player in the draft, at least from the boards i've seen. Watched every Husky game of both the Husky WR trio and it was clear as day to me that he was WR3, with the gap between him and McMillan as big as the gap from McMillan to Rome. JaLynn is a reliable option who does everything well, but nothing exceptional. He's not a field-stretcher who will ever put a scare in opposing defenses that you would have to scheme for. Absurd to think he'd be taken that high in this deep and talented of a receiver class. McMillan on the other hand has been underrated for quite a while but seems to be rising now that his health has returned and teams look deeper at his previous body of work - would not shock me if he actually gets drafted first of the two (but neither should go earlier than the 3rd).
I'm not sure I agree.

Polk made some insane contested catches in some of the biggest moments. JMac is kind of in the mold of a Dante Pettis for me. More of a finess, slot guy... I worry he lacks the physicality.

I'm not sure I have Polk going in the first but I don't really see either having *amazing* pro careers. Probably 3rd options on most teams... 500 yards, 4 TD's a year.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:39 am

NFL Draft Notebook: Ja’Lynn Polk among risers, latest buzz on trading into top 10, defensive player comps
The No. 2 wide receiver from Washington’s prolific passing attack (behind likely top 10 pick Rome Odunze) is the type of player coaches love. Polk’s high energy in everything he does (including blocking), fearless in working dangerous areas of the field and a nonstop worker. This wide receiver class is loaded, but Polk is expected to go in the top 35-40 picks.
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/news/nfl- ... ayer-comps

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:24 am

Tuesday Result.pdf.png
finally figured out the posting after umpteen tries, two days before the real deal. 8-)
if thursday friday saturday looks like this I'll be happy.