Receiver Room

trharder

Receiver Room

Post by trharder » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:45 am

Who are the 3 main starters on opening day of the regular season 2024?
Will it be DK, Tyler and JSN again?
Tyler is expensive and older now. I've suspected that JSN was drafted to replace him.
DK has been the subject of possible trade talks due to his volatility as a liability.
JSN is probably the one that for sure will be here, but personally, I've not liked his body language at times.
I will admit he has lived up to his billing. The kid is good. But did anyone see this?
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2024/2/8/240 ... hawks-news
Brock and Salk thought it was funny, presumably because Waldron is gone now and hopefully JSN's perceived opinion
of Waldron was reason to be glad he's gone, but for me, it was evidence JSN thinks his shit doesn't stink. Brock and
Salk joked maybe DK is rubbing off on him, but whatever, Tyler has always been a model locker room guy, so why
wouldn't his example rub off just as much?

HawkandMariner88

Re: Receiver Room

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:52 am

Trade both DK & Tyler. I'd hope to God we could flip DK for a 1st easy if not for sure a 2nd. Gotta cut costs where need be. I'd say 1 for sure has to go.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:57 am

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:52 am
Trade both DK & Tyler. I'd hope to God we could flip DK for a 1st easy if not for sure a 2nd. Gotta cut costs where need be. I'd say 1 for sure has to go.
That seems a little extreme.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:08 am

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Why do we need to "cut costs(?)" Jamaal will be designated a post June1 cut and the Seahawks save $17.5mill right there. I think with Grubb calling plays, the offense will need all the WR's we can get. The only reason DK is volatile is he was frustrated at not getting the ball....think that is a moot point now.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:48 pm

Bil522 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:08 am
Why do we need to "cut costs(?)" Jamaal will be designated a post June1 cut and the Seahawks save $17.5mill right there. I think with Grubb calling plays, the offense will need all the WR's we can get. The only reason DK is volatile is he was frustrated at not getting the ball....think that is a moot point now.
I like DK. I don't want to trade him. I think of him as emotional, but not a bad person or locker room cancer.
But I get worried every time someone suggests he has to get the ball more. It could look different under a different
coaching staff, but I'm betting it will look more the same. DK does already have pretty good
numbers. We've seen what happens when you try to force it more to DK. It's a shit show.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:52 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:57 am
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
That seems a little extreme.
It is absurdly extreme. Dumping DK before seeing what he can do in a Grubb offense which was created this century would be insane. Cut Lockett and keep DK and JSN as your 1 and 2. Draft your new 3 in the mid rounds.
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:32 pm

I've long felt WR's were overrated in the NFL because there are so many adequate ones that can be found in later rounds (Puka Nacua just the latest example) and the fact that their success is predicated on OL and QB play, as well as coaches' play-calling. For that reason i would definitely consider trading one of those (not both). This draft is very deep at that position, which probably shrinks the trade market, but if a first round offer is there for DK, I take it.
Grubb's offense likely does much more for Tyler than previous ones, which could extend his career a lot longer than had PC been retained. Should help JSN too.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:41 pm

No WR in the history of the NFL has the size speed combo of DK. He isn't replaceable. If he production doesn't increase significantly I will be shocked.

A first round pick for DK? So you you would trade DK for JSN for example??? I would not.
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:21 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:41 pm
No WR in the history of the NFL has the size speed combo of DK. He isn't replaceable. If he production doesn't increase significantly I will be shocked.

A first round pick for DK? So you you would trade DK for JSN for example??? I would not.
no, wouldnt trade him for JSN. like i said, WRs are overvalued, so if i could get a #1 i would use it to draft a legit Center (JPJ), Safety (Kamren Kinchens) or Guard (Fautanu maybe). that said i wasnt disappointed with the JSN pick, thought he was the best of the receiver class, and 3rd receiver was a big hole here for a long time. then get another freak body WR like Devontez Walker or Johnny Wilson in the 3rd or 4th round - cant understand why those guys are rated behind the likes of Jaylin Polk ?????

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:56 am

Jamal also has a dead cap hit. We need to shed as much salary as possible. Gotta get younger everywhere.