Geno Poll

Geno should he stay or should he go now?

Should be cut and will be cut
14%
Should be cut but won't be cut
43%
Should not be cut but will be cut
No votes
Should not be cut and will NOT be cut
29%
Won't be cut tomorrow but won't be Starting QB in 2024
No votes
Won't be cut tomorrow and will be Starting QB in 2024
14%

Total votes: 7

Donn Beach

Re: Geno Poll

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:41 am

Justin Fields?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:54 am

“He's got good presence,” Grubb said. “I've been impressed with his decision making, I thought last year in 22 I think he led the league in completion percentage. I think that says a lot in this league when you talk about how hard those decisions are number one and then how tight the windows are. So to be productive at that level and be the best in the league at it I think says a lot.

"I think he pushed over 65% last year so it just shows that he's got the ability to be accurate and make good decisions, that's what ultimately you need a guy that can lead, be smart, tough and dependable and make good decisions. I think Geno is more than capable of doing that.”

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:35 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:54 am
“He's got good presence,” Grubb said. “I've been impressed with his decision making, I thought last year in 22 I think he led the league in completion percentage. I think that says a lot in this league when you talk about how hard those decisions are number one and then how tight the windows are. So to be productive at that level and be the best in the league at it I think says a lot
"I think he pushed over 65% last year so it just shows that he's got the ability to be accurate and make good decisions, that's what ultimately you need a guy that can lead, be smart, tough and dependable and make good decisions. I think Geno is more than capable of doing that.”
So Grubb has the same basic knowledge about Geno as the rest of us, "I think".
This was not an overwhelming endorsement by any means. Grubb answered the off-the-cuff question like you would
expect him to. He didn't want to burn any bridge, future or present. We might be stuck with the guy...

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:44 pm

I think he probably feels more highly of him than we do as fans. I doubt he views it as being stuck with him. He understands what's out there in terms of talent. When your ass is really on the line I think you get more realistic, more conservative. Doubt he be eager to dump Smith and roll the dice on hoping to draft a guy to step in and be better.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:03 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:44 pm
I think he probably feels more highly of him than we do as fans. I doubt he views it as being stuck with him. He understands what's out there in terms of talent. When your ass is really on the line I think you get more realistic, more conservative. Doubt he be eager to dump Smith and roll the dice on hoping to draft a guy to step in and be better.
You are just word-splitting and pretending it means something different.
He could have said - "Geno Smith is our franchise QB and I can't wait to work with him to win the NFC West."
Jody A. didn't fire Pete and crew to be conservative and avoid risking falling below the .500 mark. She fired them
to beat the shit out of the Rams and 49ers. She fired them to avoid future games where the opposing team's
fans take over Lumen Field waiving ridiculous yellow towels etc.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:22 pm

Exactly. Is he going to say anything remotely negative about the QB1 on his new team. His first NFL job?
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:40 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:41 am
Justin Fields?
i could be intrigued, but not for what it will cost in terms of trade value. i do think he will be a good piece for someone, however.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:07 pm

More JJ to the Hawks talk.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:23 am

D-train wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:22 pm
Exactly. Is he going to say anything remotely negative about the QB1 on his new team. His first NFL job?
Not talking about what he's saying, talking about what he's thinking. I doubt he feels "stuck" with smith. I think he has more respect for him than that.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:45 pm

Geno frustrates me, for sure. But if they don’t fix the defense it won’t matter who’s playing QB. Not having a second round pick, IMO, really limits our options. I think Geno is our guy next year.