Uhhhh major trade. Hawks have a new QB

D-train

Re: Uhhhh major trade. Hawks have a new QB

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:22 pm

The cap space is pretty much gone now so you know what they used it on.
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:45 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:22 pm
The cap space is pretty much gone now so you know what they used it on.
You have the math on that?

maoling

Post by maoling » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:45 pm

trharder wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:21 pm
maoling wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:26 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:35 pm
I don’t hate it. He had no help in Washington, and was really pretty damn good at the start of last year. He was a hot ass in Fantasy Football land there for awhile. My guess is Grubb likes him.
Schneider does as well, obviously. He was singing his praises on Wyman's podcast yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P8lNXD2ItU
For you that might be singing praises, but what I heard is "Geno is the guy and Sam will be backing him up". (direct quote from JS).
We shifted back in draft position to save cap space by getting a backup QB on his rookie contract.
What are we saving this cap space for?
LOL, yeah that may not rise to the level of singing. But he did call him a "football player."

And as the eloquent Chuck Knox always said, "Football players make football plays." So that is almost praise. Sort of.

trharder

Post by trharder » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:50 pm

maoling wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:45 pm
LOL, yeah that may not rise to the level of singing. But he did call him a "football player."
And as the eloquent Chuck Knox always said, "Football players make football plays." So that is almost praise. Sort of.
Yeah I get it. But they better kinda like him to slide back in the draft like that. This is what they did instead of
drafting a QB. We are ridin' with Geno. period. I'm okay with that if the defense is top 10, I guess...

maoling

Post by maoling » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:21 am

trharder wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:50 pm
maoling wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:45 pm
Yeah I get it. But they better kinda like him to slide back in the draft like that. This is what they did instead of
drafting a QB. We are ridin' with Geno. period. I'm okay with that if the defense is top 10, I guess...

This is kind of dumb of Commanders imo. Their team was a mess late last year from O-line to coaching. Now they've chucked their kid 17-game starter for the next shiny toy with the #2 pick. I might have held on to Howell and traded back for more studs and beef.

I'm way pumped for the draft this year. I think Schneider has a few more tricks up his sleeve before draft day. I wonder if DK is being shopped.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:16 am

I'm stumped at the reactions here. Howell did what he did last season playing in a dogshit offense. Go ahead, name one offensive player on the Commanders.

Now, put him on a team where he's throwing to Lockett/DK/JSN and handing the ball to Walker and Charbonnet. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the starting job and puts up some numbers.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:24 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:16 am
I'm stumped at the reactions here. Howell did what he did last season playing in a dogshit offense. Go ahead, name one offensive player on the Commanders.

Now, put him on a team where he's throwing to Lockett/DK/JSN and handing the ball to Walker and Charbonnet. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the starting job and puts up some numbers.
Howell isn't going to do shit other than hold a clipboard. This means Geno is the guy. JS even said that.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:31 am

maoling wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:21 am
I'm way pumped for the draft this year. I think Schneider has a few more tricks up his sleeve before draft day. I wonder if DK is being shopped.
If at all possible, 16 is going to turn into two picks, but even that doesn't seem like enough picks for JS, so I was
thinking the same thing.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:32 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:24 am
DavidGee24 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:16 am

Howell isn't going to do shit other than hold a clipboard. This means Geno is the guy. JS even said that.
I'll take Gee's side on this in thinking there will be an open competition, much more so than with Lock. Geno may have goodwill with the teammates to start with, but if Howell shows at the VMAC like he did against us last year, they'll have no problem switching allegiances to the better performer. and the coaching staff having no previous ties to Geno, combined with Schneider's reluctance to publicly declare Geno the guy (until backed into a corner), all points to it being open to me. And the crucial thing is, Howell wins any tie because of his cap number.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:13 am

57reasons wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:32 pm
I'll take Gee's side on this in thinking there will be an open competition, much more so than with Lock. Geno may have goodwill with the teammates to start with, but if Howell shows at the VMAC like he did against us last year, they'll have no problem switching allegiances to the better performer. and the coaching staff having no previous ties to Geno, combined with Schneider's reluctance to publicly declare Geno the guy (until backed into a corner), all points to it being open to me. And the crucial thing is, Howell wins any tie because of his cap number.
I hope you and Gee are right.
Howell has a punchable-looking face. He just doesn't look like franchise QB to me.
If he snatches the job from Geno I'll be happy though.