Stupid NFL things...

auroraave

Stupid NFL things...

Post by auroraave » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:15 pm

Thought this could be a fun thread to post all nonsensical sh*t that is NFL related. I'll bet this lasts the whole season! Might as well start it off with AB - let's see how many stupid things get posted about this season. This could be the longest running thread!

Idiot of the day, er, week, um, entire off-season: Antonio Brown.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raid ... ke-mayock/

ThePro

Re: Stupid NFL things...

Post by ThePro » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:37 pm

I have a problem with not only you calling other people or their actions "stupid" but also determining what is "stupid" Can already see where this is going.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:27 pm

Maybe "foolish", would be the appropriate biblical term that could've been used instead! :D

Otherwise it's just people being "Too PC" nowadays. He's free to state his opinion. I'm fine with it.

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:05 pm

Speaking as "Mr. Manners" here, it is acceptable to call an action stupid, but rude to call a person stupid.
Example: Signing Percy Harvin was a stupid thing to do even though John Schneider is an F'n genius for what he did this off season.

Does that help?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:59 pm

After watching last night's game, I would say the latest fad of hiring "Offensive Geniuses" all because Sean McVey had success is foolish. In a game that was never more than one score, and in which their QB was terrible and they scored zero points after the FG they got in the first quarter...the Bears ran the ball two times, back to back in the third quarter, for a total of three carries....in the entirety of the second half. After the game, the guy who CALLS THE PLAYS, said he wasn't sure why they didn't run more!

That was one of the worst football games Imhave watched in years, and it was between two playoff teams. Maybe the next collective bargaining agreement they should remove all practices in total and reduce the preseason to one game? These guys need work, but more importantly, this fad of hiring young offensive minds needs to end. But, that being said, bring in more of these QB loving dudes that think a RB is just a guy to fake a hand off to or throw a dump off. We will only prosper.

Did anyone else here Collinsworth say Nagy feels Mike a Davis is the pass catcher that gives their QB the most separation? He averaged 2.7 yards on 7 catches! What the Ef! That Montgomery kid looked real good, and he touched it twice the entire second half. One was a carry on the first play of then3rd quarter! Then Nagy says we have to be better on 3rd and one. OK genius, maybe on the two chances you get, don't have Cordell's Patteren in the backfield on one and call a ridiculous shot gun pass trick play on the other. This guy looks like he coaches in the Big 12, not the NFC's Black and a blue division!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:25 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:59 pm
After watching last night's game, I would say the latest fad of hiring "Offensive Geniuses" all because Sean McVey had success is foolish. In a game that was never more than one score, and in which their QB was terrible and they scored zero points after the FG they got in the first quarter...the Bears ran the ball two times, back to back in the third quarter, for a total of three carries....in the entirety of the second half. After the game, the guy who CALLS THE PLAYS, said he wasn't sure why they didn't run more!

That was one of the worst football games Imhave watched in years, and it was between two playoff teams. Maybe the next collective bargaining agreement they should remove all practices in total and reduce the preseason to one game? These guys need work, but more importantly, this fad of hiring young offensive minds needs to end. But, that being said, bring in more of these QB loving dudes that think a RB is just a guy to fake a hand off to or throw a dump off. We will only prosper.

Did anyone else here Collinsworth say Nagy feels Mike a Davis is the pass catcher that gives their QB the most separation? He averaged 2.7 yards on 7 catches! What the Ef! That Montgomery kid looked real good, and he touched it twice the entire second half. One was a carry on the first play of then3rd quarter! Then Nagy says we have to be better on 3rd and one. OK genius, maybe on the two chances you get, don't have Cordell's Patteren in the backfield on one and call a ridiculous shot gun pass trick play on the other. This guy looks like he coaches in the Big 12, not the NFC's Black and a blue division!
So how much cash did you have on the Bears? ;) I hate Rodgers but I had the Packers in my pools so good start to the season for me.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Didn't Belicek pretty much show how to defeat these offensive genius coaches in the SB by substituting defenders after the play was sent in to to the QB via the headset and after communication was cut off (i.e. with less than 15 seconds remaining on the play clock).

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:11 pm

Michael K. wrote:

Or really any 'trendy' coach (I'm looking at Kliff Kingsberry - oh this is gonna be bad for AZ!). McVay gets all the love - but he inherited a LOADED roster. I do think he is good, but he has not at all lived up to this hype, but, to be fair, he has also gotten them to the SB (with a little bit of zebra help ;). This is the season we see what he is made of. He's still young and has lessons to learn.

That game last night reminded me of all the awful Thursday Night games the NFL has dumped on the fans. At least my eyes aren't burn ing from the color rush nonsense - now there's a stupid thing.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:16 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:46 pm
Didn't Belicek pretty much show how to defeat these offensive genius coaches in the SB by substituting defenders after the play was sent in to to the QB via the headset and after communication was cut off (i.e. with less than 15 seconds remaining on the play clock).
The problem with this is that a seasoned QB, like a Brady or Wilson would be able to adjust to the defense in time for the snap - Goff isn't there yet. Bellichick also uses wildly differing looks when necessary - two man lines, six DB's, looks an offense isn't prepared for - and has to adjust to - sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. He sin not afraid to do unusual things to get opposing offenses off balance - which makes it exponentially harder on lesser QB's.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:43 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:11 pm
Michael K. wrote:

Or really any 'trendy' coach (I'm looking at Kliff Kingsberry - oh this is gonna be bad for AZ!). McVay gets all the love - but he inherited a LOADED roster. I do think he is good, but he has not at all lived up to this hype, but, to be fair, he has also gotten them to the SB (with a little bit of zebra help ;). This is the season we see what he is made of. He's still young and has lessons to learn.

That game last night reminded me of all the awful Thursday Night games the NFL has dumped on the fans. At least my eyes aren't burn ing from the color rush nonsense - now there's a stupid thing.
I was ready for you to blame it on the short rest even though nobody played after Thursday last week. :P
dt