OT My House is for Sale!

D-train

Re: OT My House is for Sale!

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:44 am

maoling wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:48 am
Why do you want to go to San Diego and put up with more woke trans bullshit, new job and border crossings, instead of just grabbing a nice new home in the Arizona desert, playing golf and going to ST?
Starts with an M and rhymes with Honey.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:26 pm

Dan Diego county had been up until recently republican
.Before 2008, San Diego County historically had been a Republican stronghold. The Republican presidential nominee carried the county in every presidential election from 1948 through 2004, except in 1992 when Bill Clinton won a plurality. In 2008, Barack Obama became the first Democratic presidential candidate to win a majority of votes in San Diego County since World War II; he won a majority of county votes again in 2012. In 2016, Hillary Clinton won the county by almost 20%, the largest margin for a Democratic presidential candidate since 1936. In 2020, Joseph R Biden, Jr. won by an even larger 22.7% margin.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:31 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:26 pm
Dan Diego county had been up until recently republican
.Before 2008, San Diego County historically had been a Republican stronghold. The Republican presidential nominee carried the county in every presidential election from 1948 through 2004, except in 1992 when Bill Clinton won a plurality. In 2008, Barack Obama became the first Democratic presidential candidate to win a majority of votes in San Diego County since World War II; he won a majority of county votes again in 2012. In 2016, Hillary Clinton won the county by almost 20%, the largest margin for a Democratic presidential candidate since 1936. In 2020, Joseph R Biden, Jr. won by an even larger 22.7% margin.
From Left to right it would go Bay Area, LA, San Diego, Orange County, Rural California.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:43 pm

Huntington Beach which is in orange county is controlled by MAGA enthusiasts,
Lately, the beach town has become a battleground, its council chambers a coliseum for culture warriors. The conservatives who now control city government have pursued policies that position Huntington Beach as the ideological counterweight to the state’s liberal leaders.

In the past year alone, the council — which is technically nonpartisan like all local bodies in the state — has championed a laundry list of MAGA priorities: It barred the Pride flag from flying on city property, banned mask and vaccine mandates, established a panel to review children’s library books for sexual content, and condemned President Biden’s immigration policies.

I don’t like for us to be considered the MAGA capital of the world or the anti-woke capital of the world,” Twining said. “I just want us to be known for the great people, great beaches, great leadership, great downtown, great surfing
commute from there to San Diego

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:02 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:43 pm
Huntington Beach which is in orange county is controlled by MAGA enthusiasts,
Lately, the beach town has become a battleground, its council chambers a coliseum for culture warriors. The conservatives who now control city government have pursued policies that position Huntington Beach as the ideological counterweight to the state’s liberal leaders.

In the past year alone, the council — which is technically nonpartisan like all local bodies in the state — has championed a laundry list of MAGA priorities: It barred the Pride flag from flying on city property, banned mask and vaccine mandates, established a panel to review children’s library books for sexual content, and condemned President Biden’s immigration policies.

I don’t like for us to be considered the MAGA capital of the world or the anti-woke capital of the world,” Twining said. “I just want us to be known for the great people, great beaches, great leadership, great downtown, great surfing
commute from there to San Diego
I would only have to go into the office 2 times a week but that is a 1.5 Hour commute. No chance. lol

btw I have one final interview with the VP who is my Boss's Boss in two hours.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:50 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:02 pm

Best of luck Bud!

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:22 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:50 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:02 pm

Best of luck Bud!
Thanks Brother! T minus 23 minutes now!
dt