Re: Entirely new Era

Post by D-train » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:26 pm

dt

douche

Post by douche » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:53 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:57 am
Not the first time Schneider has dropped the proverbial ball. Wasn't it Wagner who discovered he'd been released from the team before Schneider and Carroll had even spoken to him about it?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:24 pm

Nwadventure wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm
There is a lot of Seahawks history dating back to 1976 it just didn't involve a trophy. Maybe fans before 2012 didn't know this ?
Agreed. Again, not one person can answer this, but why is it an issue that pictures of the PC era were removed, but those were the only pictures, as far as I can tell, that were haning up!? So, PC honored ONLY his era, but the new guy is a JackAss for taking them down? There were a lot of good football players that didn't play for PC. Largent and Kennedy would have made PC's teams FAR better. So would Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson and many others. BUT? PC needs a shrine at the V Mac? Bullshit. I was fine with this BEFORE they announced they would have the pictures displayed digitally. Let's hope it's more than just PC's guys.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 pm

douche wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:53 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:57 am
Not the first time Schneider has dropped the proverbial ball. Wasn't it Wagner who discovered he'd been released from the team before Schneider and Carroll had even spoken to him about it?
Again....how is this a ball drop? Are we the Seahawks or the fighting Pete Carroll's? I've been in the tunnel at Husky stadiums. There were pictures of every era. That is the way it is all over that stadium and the offices. If it was only KDB shit? I'd expect it to get removed when the next guys came in. Out with the old.

Jesus Christ, there is enough waxing poetic over history across the Street with the Mariners.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:47 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:24 pm
Nwadventure wrote:
There is a lot of Seahawks history dating back to 1976 it just didn't involve a trophy. Maybe fans before 2012 didn't know this ?
Agreed. Again, not one person can answer this, but why is it an issue that pictures of the PC era were removed, but those were the only pictures, as far as I can tell, that were haning up!? So, PC honored ONLY his era, but the new guy is a JackAss for taking them down? There were a lot of good football players that didn't play for PC. Largent and Kennedy would have made PC's teams FAR better. So would Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson and many others. BUT? PC needs a shrine at the V Mac? Bullshit. I was fine with this BEFORE they announced they would have the pictures displayed digitally. Let's hope it's more than just PC's guys.
Watch the video, he says they will be from the entire history of the team.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:56 pm

Just in terms of communication. To me, the right thing to do would have been to communicate to the players that they could expect some changes with regard to the photos, basketball hoop, etc. before it happened. I think they have a right to know. For example, my employer has a manager who will have impromptu meetings to discuss changes within. He likes to clear the air before the rumors begin to circulate, because he doesn't want employees to be caught off guard.

And believe me, I'm all for it. It makes no sense to live in the past. These aren’t Carroll’s Seahawks anymore.
Last edited by douche on Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:00 pm

Ok this is funny as hell.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:34 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:47 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:24 pm
Nwadventure wrote:
Watch the video, he says they will be from the entire history of the team.
So, they took down pictures from the entire history? I'm not talking about what pictures they are going to display digitally, or what ever. I'm talking about the big uproar over the pictures MacDonald took down. All Ive seen is he removed pics of the Pete Carroll era. If those where the only picture I to take down? Where was the uproar that Pete didn't celebrate his history? If they were pictures throughout the franchises entirety? Then I think it's strange that MacDonald took them down.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:45 pm

Strangely they're creating an entire new wing to commemorate the Jim Mora era lol
dt