Draft Day 3 Thread

Gametime

Re: Draft Day 3 Thread

Post by Gametime » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:07 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 pm
Kind of weird that New England picks Drake Maye in the 1st and then another QB Joe Milton later...

That has to be rare.
Wa did it with RG3 at 2 and Kirk Cousins in the 3rd

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:22 pm

Staton not enjoying himself on SHDB... not picking anyone he wanted.

Can't imagine Jarrell makes him any happier.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:24 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:22 pm
Stanton not enjoying himself on SHDB... not picking anyone he wanted.

Rob acts like his word is the Final Gospel. It's not. I respect his work, but he doesn't know everything.

He had a 5th Rd grade on Brian Thomas Jr. until everyone else moved him up their board. He does his homework, but he doesn't have a magic crystal ball.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:24 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:

Rob acts like his word is the Final Gospel. It's not. I respect his work, but he doesn't know everything.

He had a 5th Rd grade on Brian Thomas Jr. until everyone else moved him up their board. He does his homework, but he doesn't have a magic crystal ball.
I'm not sure how effective you can really be as an analyst when you live in England lol

Welp... only guy I was in on all draft that they took was Byron Murphy. Not as good as I usually do.

I suspect the Hawks may try to get in the 7th somewhere... we'll see if it means they've moved a corner.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

I'm not sure how effective you can really be as an analyst when you live in England lol

Welp... only guy I was in on all draft that they took was Byron Murphy. Not as good as I usually do.

I suspect the Hawks may try to get in the 7th somewhere... we'll see if it means they've moved a corner.
Yeah, Murphy, Haynes, and Barner, are my homerun picks! I really love our picks!

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:34 pm

Per Pauline back on 14 April:

Super-senior Mike Jerrell from Division II Findlay College in Ohio was graded as a potential late-rounder by scouts entering the past two seasons and is now receiving sixth-round grades heading towards the draft. A terrific small-school lineman, Jerrell lit up

Measuring 6-foot-4.5 and 309 pounds, Jerrell timed as fast as 4.94 seconds in the 40 with a super quick 10-yard split of 1.69 seconds. His vertical jump was 32.5 inches, and Jerrell completed 26 reps on the bench. Teams are looking at Jerrell as a tackle for the next level, which is the same position he played in college. The talented blocker has already made official-30 visits to see the Houston Texans and Seattle Seahawks on the schedule for next week.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:35 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

Yeah, Murphy, Haynes, and Barner, are my homerun picks! I really love our picks!
I just read Haynes only gave up 1 sack in his final two seasons. :shock: We got a Husky guard but not one all the experts predicted.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:39 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:35 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:

I just read Haynes only gave up 1 sack in his final two seasons. :shock: We got a Husky guard but not one all the experts predicted.
Watch his tape Darren. You will fall in love with him!

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:39 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:34 pm

Super-senior Mike Jerrell from Division II Findlay College in Ohio was graded as a potential late-rounder by scouts entering the past two seasons and is now receiving sixth-round grades heading towards the draft. A terrific small-school lineman, Jerrell lit up

Measuring 6-foot-4.5 and 309 pounds, Jerrell timed as fast as 4.94 seconds in the 40 with a super quick 10-yard split of 1.69 seconds. His vertical jump was 32.5 inches, and Jerrell completed 26 reps on the bench. Teams are looking at Jerrell as a tackle for the next level, which is the same position he played in college. The talented blocker has already made official-30 visits to see the Houston Texans and Seattle Seahawks on the schedule for next week.
Hearing he's moving inside due to arm length. Supposedly very athletic.

The day 3 picks remind me a little of this draft:

130. Terry Poole, OL.
134. Mark Glowinski, G.
170. Tye Smith, CB.
209. Obum Gwacham, DE.
214. Kristjan Sokoli, DL/OL.
248. Ryan Murphy, DB.

Hope I'm wrong. Cause it was horrible.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:34 pm

O line, D line, LBs and Ss are all going to be improved this season. The other groups will be the same guys but will likely improve due to better schemes. I see us going 10-7.
dt