The Herd thinks we are a turd.

Michael K.

The Herd thinks we are a turd.

Post by Michael K. » Tue May 21, 2024 5:28 pm

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1776048/ ... rediction/

I hate that he says what I said last year before we hired a coach. Easier to win with an offensive Head Coach. For the record? I liked this hire, and the biggest reason I didn't want a defensive guy was because I felt like they struggled getting a good OC. Maybe it's the Husky in me, but I am happy about our OC.
Last edited by Michael K. on Tue May 21, 2024 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael K.

Re: The Herd thinks we are a turd.

Post by Michael K. » Tue May 21, 2024 6:00 pm

Looks like he isn't alone!

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1776001/ ... 24-record/

Consensus here is just over 7 wins on average. Win totals of 7, 6, 9 and 7. Damn.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 21, 2024 6:16 pm

I bet every one of the jokers just thought, new coach = rebuilding year instead of doing the comparison of the new and old players like I did...
dt

douche

Post by douche » Tue May 21, 2024 8:07 pm

My gut tells me that if things go well (solid schemes, no injuries, players buy in, etc.), they could win 10 games.

If things don't go well... something like 6 wins.

If Carroll can muster 9 wins last season, this season's team should (at least theoretically) top that.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue May 21, 2024 9:25 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 6:16 pm
I bet every one of the jokers just thought, new coach = rebuilding year instead of doing the comparison of the new and old players like I did...
Maybe. Or? They look at some really important things like O Line and QB. I believe both of those position groups are weak. That hurts. D Line will certainly be better, but will LB? Debatable, and we are not exactly loaded at Safety. I like our Corners, but Riq sucked last year...who's to say he won't suck again? There are certainly question marks.

I am excited to see what changes schematically and philosophically. But we could win four or five games and I don't know that I would be completely surprised. I had to eat crow about Geno for about eight or so of his first starts here. But he has pretty much been what I thought he would be since. Maybe a bit better, because I really thought he sucked. And he hasn't sucked, but he doesn't make this team a playoff team.

Also? Besides Demeco Ryans, not a lot of Defense first head coaches going very fall in this league right now. I understand everyone wants to be excited about this, because I am too. But as an outsider looking in? Not sure I'd be afraid of this team.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 21, 2024 10:23 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:25 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 6:16 pm
Maybe. Or? They look at some really important things like O Line and QB. I believe both of those position groups are weak. That hurts. D Line will certainly be better, but will LB? Debatable, and we are not exactly loaded at Safety. I like our Corners, but Riq sucked last year...who's to say he won't suck again? There are certainly question marks.

I am excited to see what changes schematically and philosophically. But we could win four or five games and I don't know that I would be completely surprised. I had to eat crow about Geno for about eight or so of his first starts here. But he has pretty much been what I thought he would be since. Maybe a bit better, because I really thought he sucked. And he hasn't sucked, but he doesn't make this team a playoff team.

Also? Besides Demeco Ryans, not a lot of Defense first head coaches going very fall in this league right now. I understand everyone wants to be excited about this, because I am too. But as an outsider looking in? Not sure I'd be afraid of this team.
We won 9 games last season with an injury riddled O line and Geno and Lock. We added a 3rd round pick and a 6th round pick and a guy that was a Pro Bowler in 2021 before he went to the Shit hole Jets and added Sam to back up Geno. Which position Group is worse?
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 21, 2024 10:26 pm

Did we win 9 games last season because of Pete's Charisma and MM is too bland??? That is the only difference I can think of... :lol:
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed May 22, 2024 5:35 pm

I still think we have giant question marks at about 3 or 4 spots in the O Line, a mediocre QB that can be damn bad at times, replaced Bobby Wagner with two coverage LBs, on a team that got pounded into oblivion by the Steelers.

I like the rookie Guard, but I liked both Tackles we got a couple of years ago too. Name the last team that won a playoff game with a QB like Geno? Mayfield maybe?

We are still behind the Rams and 49ers. Good thing we play them twice each right? I don’t see one team on the schedule that bad Geno couldn’t lose to. And since a hot start two years ago? I feel we’ve seen bad Geno more than not.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 22, 2024 7:10 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 5:35 pm
I still think we have giant question marks at about 3 or 4 spots in the O Line, a mediocre QB that can be damn bad at times, replaced Bobby Wagner with two coverage LBs, on a team that got pounded into oblivion by the Steelers.

I like the rookie Guard, but I liked both Tackles we got a couple of years ago too. Name the last team that won a playoff game with a QB like Geno? Mayfield maybe?

We are still behind the Rams and 49ers. Good thing we play them twice each right? I don’t see one team on the schedule that bad Geno couldn’t lose to. And since a hot start two years ago? I feel we’ve seen bad Geno more than not.
Agree with all of that but we won 9 games last season with all that and worse in several cases. Anything is possible but on paper this team is better than the 9 win team from a year ago. Of course injuries and bad luck could kill the season but I don't see how the over under is only 7.5....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 22, 2024 7:21 pm

Screenshot 2024-05-22 3.20.18 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-22 3.20.18 PM.png (49.64 KiB) Viewed 149 times
dt