California screamin game thread

Michael K.

Re: California screamin game thread

Post by Michael K. » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:51 pm

The drops? Brutal...everything I feared the most about the WRS came true.
The mistakes? Horrible. On 4th and inches, how does a kid who is as far away from the play as possible jump offside? The decision making by Eason was sub par...that shat scramble on second down so he could slide five yards short of the LOS was terrible. The INT in the first half was maybe one of the worst routes I've seen. Inexcusable by Hunter Bryant.

But, in the second half the cal offense took the field 1st and Ten and them25 yard line three times. All three times the Huskies had the lead. Cal went 75 yards for a TD and went 74 yards for the winning FG on the other. Time for Jimmy Lake to step up and back up all his talk, because that was disgusting.

I am thinking about buying Vegas Bowl tickets now, because this looks like a team with a three or four loss ceiling.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:22 pm

The thing that ticks me off the most from a coaching standpoint was that we ran a hurry up on our last drive. Why the heck would you run a hurry up with 5:00 on the clock. They could have kicked that field goal with well under a minute left but instead we gave them the ball back with 2:05 left. Eason looked just as bad as Browning ever did last season. Over throwing receivers late on throws to wide open guys and just an overall lack of rythem and timing with the receivers. To me the Problem with the D was fundamentals more than schematics. It seems like guys were in the area they were just taking bad angles and not making plays. Poor tackling and poor decisions by young players. I ain't giving up on the season yet though. Other than Utah, that's the best D we will see all year. The defense is young and should tighten things up with more time on the field.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:58 pm

19 points at home should be enough to beat a team with no passing game. not to defray the rightful blame from the midget receivers, but the run defense was the worst i've seen since Petersen got here - really awful performance of missed tackles, poor instincts (Tryon in particular) and inexperience showing, as feared. i think it's more on the LBs and DE's , and am excited by the talent of Taimani and Letuligasenowa, but really missed Greg Gaines last night, or Vita Vea, or the combo of them as we have been spoiled with for past several years, who were the core of the "Death Row" D. Guess all the media worry about the transition period to get to the next crew was not unfounded.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:05 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:53 pm
They've beaten Washington once and now "that's what we do"? Bigger dumbass than Jim Waldon! Wonder what their coach thinks of his big mouth LB?
Well, if he says it again next year it will be hard to refute.