Re: BYU

Post by Juliooooo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:18 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:38 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:43 pm
DavidGee24 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:49 pm
It's a really good thing that BYU is good this year. Let's say the Huskies get hot and run the table, which they actually can do. They're going to need BYU, Hawaii and EWU to all have really good seasons although EWU kind of screwed theirs up by losing this past Saturday.

If Utah can smoke these guys in their house, the Huskies certainly can too, although they'll be a little more affected by the high altitude (4,500 feet) than Utah was.
BYU played much better the last 2 weeks than against Utah. BYU had 2 pick 6's and another fumble that gave Utah a 20 yard field. Without those mistakes, its probably a much closer game against Utah. They also have got their running game going (BYU inexplicably didn't use their stud RB in the first half. 3 carries for 28 yards). I expect the game against Washington to be closer than the Utah game, although I think Washington is the better team.

P12 is really in a pretty tough spot though. If note for the ASU win last week, they would have almost no good wins out of conference, and some really bad losses though. I don't know if a 1 loss P12 team will have any real shot at the playoff without a LOT of help from the outside. OU, OSU, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Clemson all make it in with 1 loss over any of those teams most likely.
That's what happens when you play teams with great defenses. Its not like it was blind luck or something.
Yeah, but some of it is blind luck like an unforced fumble on a handoff. Which direction the ball deflects after being tipped, is it an incomplete pass or a pick 6 for the other team. BYU isn't good enough to make those kinds of mistakes, have the ball bounce the other way and still be in the game. If they can avoid those mistakes, then they can keep this game close.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:19 pm

Under 4 1/2 hours till kick-off. It's going to be great! Thank you, Juliooooo, for some very interesting, informative, and enlightening posts. And, may I add, seemingly unbiased, rationale, and insightful, unlike some posts by our more rabid posters.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:22 pm

Alex wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:19 pm
Under 4 1/2 hours till kick-off. It's going to be great! Thank you, Juliooooo, for some very interesting, informative, and enlightening posts. And, may I add, seemingly unbiased, rationale, and insightful, unlike some posts by our more rabid posters.
4 months on the board and this is your first post. I can't help but think you are being sarcastic because of the nature of message boards, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

As a BYU fan, I'm definitely biased, but I tied to at least be level headed on this board. Im not one to join other fanbases message boards, but I'm already a member of this board. I figured there would be some crossover with some of the guys I discuss Mariners stuff with, and it would be fun to discuss this game.

Ultimately I think Washington wins by a TD. Peterson wil get the ball in the flat to his playmakers and make BYU LB and DB tackle in the open field. BYU is thin at LB with some injuries. That will be the difference in the game most likely.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:35 pm

I was not being sarcastic. I truly appreciated your posts.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:20 pm

Alex wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:35 pm
Thanks. Are you here fir just the Huskies, or Mariners as well. If uppity are a Mariners fan, you should join us over there

Jack Merridew

Post by Jack Merridew » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:26 pm

Utah losing to USC means no PAC12 school in the top 10 next week. :(

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:29 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:20 pm
Alex wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:35 pm
Thanks. Are you here fir just the Huskies, or Mariners as well. If uppity are a Mariners fan, you should join us over there
I'm guessing he is a BYU supporter. That would explain the undeserved praise he was heaping upon you. :lol:

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:34 pm

Anyone else see the mess at the end of the Cal, Ole Miss game. HOrrible job by the refs for letting a play that critical, and that close go without being reviewed.

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:06 pm

Yeah, there's been a few times this year that refs won't stop the game on big time questionable calls