Apple Cup week thread - It's on!

Michael K.
Posts: 8683
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: Apple Cup week thread - It's on!

Post by Michael K. » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:48 am

trharder wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:15 pm
730 pm on ESPN. I don't have cable and as much as I want to watch this I will not go back to cable.
How can this not be on a local channel? The dirty fucks.
I think I wore out my free trial of fubu or whatever that is. I don't think ESPN+ will have it.
Any suggestions?
Can you do a free trial of ESPN +? We get Hulu +, Disney + and ESPN + for like $15, but they might fo free trials?

trharder
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 3:47 am

Re: Apple Cup week thread - It's on!

Post by trharder » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:37 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:48 am
trharder wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:15 pm
730 pm on ESPN. I don't have cable and as much as I want to watch this I will not go back to cable.
How can this not be on a local channel? The dirty fucks.
I think I wore out my free trial of fubu or whatever that is. I don't think ESPN+ will have it.
Any suggestions?
Can you do a free trial of ESPN +? We get Hulu +, Disney + and ESPN + for like $15, but they might fo free trials?
I'm not 100%, but I don't think ESPN+ will have it. I've looked on the website and they don't list it. The FAQ says
they only carry games that aren't on ESPN proper.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 51823
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Apple Cup week thread - It's on!

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:41 pm

trharder wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:37 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:48 am
trharder wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:15 pm
730 pm on ESPN. I don't have cable and as much as I want to watch this I will not go back to cable.
How can this not be on a local channel? The dirty fucks.
I think I wore out my free trial of fubu or whatever that is. I don't think ESPN+ will have it.
Any suggestions?
Can you do a free trial of ESPN +? We get Hulu +, Disney + and ESPN + for like $15, but they might fo free trials?
I'm not 100%, but I don't think ESPN+ will have it. I've looked on the website and they don't list it. The FAQ says
they only carry games that aren't on ESPN proper.
You are correct. Would be pointless to have ESPN+ that just broadcasts the same games as ESPN. lol
dt

trharder
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 3:47 am

Re: Apple Cup week thread - It's on!

Post by trharder » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:43 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:54 pm
trharder wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:15 pm
730 pm on ESPN. I don't have cable and as much as I want to watch this I will not go back to cable.
How can this not be on a local channel? The dirty fucks.
I think I wore out my free trial of fubu or whatever that is. I don't think ESPN+ will have it.
Any suggestions?
Streameast I've watched all the pac12 network games on it this year.
Any advise on how not to catch a computer crippling virus using that?

Captain 97
Posts: 2085
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 9:23 pm

Re: Apple Cup week thread - It's on!

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:07 pm

trharder wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:43 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:54 pm
trharder wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:15 pm
730 pm on ESPN. I don't have cable and as much as I want to watch this I will not go back to cable.
How can this not be on a local channel? The dirty fucks.
I think I wore out my free trial of fubu or whatever that is. I don't think ESPN+ will have it.
Any suggestions?
Streameast I've watched all the pac12 network games on it this year.
Any advise on how not to catch a computer crippling virus using that?
Ive never had any issues.

Michael K.
Posts: 8683
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: Apple Cup week thread - It's on!

Post by Michael K. » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:15 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:41 pm
trharder wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:37 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:48 am


Can you do a free trial of ESPN +? We get Hulu +, Disney + and ESPN + for like $15, but they might fo free trials?
I'm not 100%, but I don't think ESPN+ will have it. I've looked on the website and they don't list it. The FAQ says
they only carry games that aren't on ESPN proper.
You are correct. Would be pointless to have ESPN+ that just broadcasts the same games as ESPN. lol
You can watch on mobile anything that is on ESPN, I thought?

trharder
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 3:47 am

Re: Apple Cup week thread - It's on!

Post by trharder » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:17 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:41 pm
You are correct. Would be pointless to have ESPN+ that just broadcasts the same games as ESPN. lol
No. It would not be pointless if you could pay to stream the same game that they are forcing you to pay for cable for.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 51823
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Apple Cup week thread - It's on!

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:58 pm

trharder wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:17 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:41 pm
You are correct. Would be pointless to have ESPN+ that just broadcasts the same games as ESPN. lol
No. It would not be pointless if you could pay to stream the same game that they are forcing you to pay for cable for.
Well they are not go to have policies that would reduce their revenues streams. I guess you can pay for cable or complain you can't watch the game. I prefer just doing the former.
dt

trharder
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 3:47 am

Re: Apple Cup week thread - It's on!

Post by trharder » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:20 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:58 pm
Well they are not go to have policies that would reduce their revenues streams. I guess you can pay for cable or complain you can't watch the game. I prefer just doing the former.
That's great. way to go. I'm going to complain some more. You don't have to read it.
There is more than one way to create a revenue stream. My wife likes the show Yellowstone, but we don't have cable, so we would
could pay to stream Paramount, or, we pay $2.99 per episode at Amazon Prime. Which is what we do.
As most people know, the Cougars and Husky games are often on Pac 12 Network. Even when we had cable, we couldn't watch
Pac 12 Network because we had the "wrong cable". The cable we had and the Pac 12 Network couldn't come to terms and we would
have had to change cable companies to get it. I don't remember there ever being an Apple cup that wasn't available on a local channel.
When the Seahawks play on a ridiculous Thursday night game, even though that is NFL Network, you can watch the game without
having cable. The Pac 12 is so fucking great that two of their original teams from California have announced they are leaving the
Pac 12 to join another conference. But they haven't changed a thing.
I would (and will if it works) pay $20.00 to watch the Apple cup. I'd be willing to pay $6-10 per game to watch the Cougars the rest
of the season, if it was available.
Cable is dying and will eventually die in it's current form. In the long run, is the Pac 12 helping or hurting their cause by allowing
the Apple Cup to be bought up by cable/subscription only ESPN and put on at 7:30 pm like they are a division II softball game?
How is it not asked for and granted for the Apple Cup to be carried on WA State local channel like we've seen for Seahawk games?

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 51823
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Apple Cup week thread - It's on!

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:58 am

trharder wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:20 am
D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:58 pm
Well they are not go to have policies that would reduce their revenues streams. I guess you can pay for cable or complain you can't watch the game. I prefer just doing the former.
That's great. way to go. I'm going to complain some more. You don't have to read it.
There is more than one way to create a revenue stream. My wife likes the show Yellowstone, but we don't have cable, so we would
could pay to stream Paramount, or, we pay $2.99 per episode at Amazon Prime. Which is what we do.
As most people know, the Cougars and Husky games are often on Pac 12 Network. Even when we had cable, we couldn't watch
Pac 12 Network because we had the "wrong cable". The cable we had and the Pac 12 Network couldn't come to terms and we would
have had to change cable companies to get it. I don't remember there ever being an Apple cup that wasn't available on a local channel.
When the Seahawks play on a ridiculous Thursday night game, even though that is NFL Network, you can watch the game without
having cable. The Pac 12 is so fucking great that two of their original teams from California have announced they are leaving the
Pac 12 to join another conference. But they haven't changed a thing.
I would (and will if it works) pay $20.00 to watch the Apple cup. I'd be willing to pay $6-10 per game to watch the Cougars the rest
of the season, if it was available.
Cable is dying and will eventually die in it's current form. In the long run, is the Pac 12 helping or hurting their cause by allowing
the Apple Cup to be bought up by cable/subscription only ESPN and put on at 7:30 pm like they are a division II softball game?
How is it not asked for and granted for the Apple Cup to be carried on WA State local channel like we've seen for Seahawk games?
I definitely join you in complaining about the late games which start at 10:30pm here!! :)
dt

Post Reply