Cohen to USC!?

D-train

Re: Cohen to USC!?

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:29 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:11 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:23 pm
I thought Jen bled purple so what happened? She is either a liar, a sell-out, or something happened that turned her against UW.
Or USC opened up the pocket book?
That would be door #2
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:07 pm

Now the University of Washington can bring in a retarded-dwarf-transvestite-person-of-color as the AD.....just to show everyone how inclusive they are.
:roll: :roll:

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:28 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:07 pm
Now the University of Washington can bring in a retarded-dwarf-transvestite-person-of-color as the AD.....just to show everyone how inclusive they are.
:roll: :roll:
Do you think she would be willing to leave her White House Press Secretary gig??? :)
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:14 am

Michael K. wrote:
I thought Jen bled purple so what happened? She is either a liar, a sell-out, or something happened that turned her against UW.
She also hired CP, she's from southern California

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:40 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:14 am
Michael K. wrote:
cp.JPG
cp.JPG (58.93 KiB) Viewed 214 times
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:45 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:40 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:14 am
Michael K. wrote:

cp.JPG
Awesome!!!

Caught Donn talking out his ass again......no research, no proof of what he is saying, and to top it all off, why did he even bring up CP?

Chris Peterson had nothing to do with the conversation!

Actually it was easy subtraction as I think I read somewhere that she was with UW for 7 years, and that would not have been long enough for the hire of CP.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:22 pm

Yeah, Hop was her first hire, Lake her second. If KDB hadn't worked out? Hop's down ward spiral and Lake's utter and complete failure? I'm surprised big bad USC couldn't get anyone better.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:08 am

There was research, I was looking around for something about what SC offered her, "instrumental" in hiring Chris Peterson. And Kalen DeBoer, wouldn't she have hired him? What was confusing was being instrumental covering both hires. Figured they decided not to mention Lake.

Cohen was instrumental in the hirings of football coaches Chris Petersen and Kalen DeBoer, and Washington’s football teams made three straight New Year’s Six bowl game appearances during her first five years as athletic director
https://news.usc.edu/209454/jennifer-co ... shington/a

Familiar with this thing with Don James? This is really kind of wild. Wrote him as a fifth grader she was going to be the huskies football coach. He wrote her back athletic director would be better.

Tacoma native? Thought she grew up in southern California
When Jennifer Cohen was in the fifth grade, she wrote a letter to then University of Washington football coach Don James to tell him she planned to replace him when he retired. The Tacoma native had fallen in love with UW football, attending every game wearing a collection of UW buttons, standing next to the tunnel when the players ran onto the field and happily barking at opponents.

She received a kind, but incredibly pragmatic, note back from the now-legendary coach. James commended her for her aspirations, but let her know that there weren’t a lot of opportunities for girls to coach football. A career in the business of college sports, he told her, might be a better option.

Cohen, now 50 and married with two teenage sons, said she wasn't discouraged by James’ note. Instead, she believed she had received proof that her hero believed in her.

“I felt like basically he showed me a door that was still not that open to women and quite frankly still isn’t to the level it should be and that was 40 years ago,” she said. “So 40 years ago, a football coach took the time to write me back and tell me, ‘Hey, girls are starting to get more into this business.’
https://crosscut.com/focus/2019/10/how- ... -uw-sports