The man that ruined college football

Juliooooo

Re: The man that ruined college football

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:33 am

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:43 pm
Any article with that title should be about Larry Scott.
He just ruined the p12
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:57 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:33 am
Michael K. wrote:
He just ruined the p12
Sure, but the entire college football landscape changed. There is now not five Power Conferences, there are four. Teams went to the Big 10, Big 12 and ACC. I'd say it effected the entire product, not just the Pac 12. All the bitching about travel? Do you think it is only the Pac 12 softball team that now has to travel more? Everything changed. I mean, if the NFL decided to remove the NFC and AFC West and move them around other Divisions? I'm pretty sure the entire NFL would feel it, not just the 8 teams in those Divisions.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:59 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:31 pm
So maybe 2-3 trips East of the Mississippi a year for the Huskies.

OTOH The Hawks go to Detroit, New Jersey, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Dallas, Arizona and Nashville, SEVEN long trips.....
Again, they are flying a private jet. The Softball team will not be. It is a relevant discussion, but as I've said before...if they want a track, softball, volleyball, soccer, lacrosse and woman's basketball program? They need revenue from football and basketball. This was necessary. I won't say it won't effect the Olympic and other sports, but it had to be done in order to HAVE those other sports.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:52 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:57 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:33 am
Michael K. wrote:
He just ruined the p12
Sure, but the entire college football landscape changed. There is now not five Power Conferences, there are four. Teams went to the Big 10, Big 12 and ACC. I'd say it effected the entire product, not just the Pac 12. All the bitching about travel? Do you think it is only the Pac 12 softball team that now has to travel more? Everything changed. I mean, if the NFL decided to remove the NFC and AFC West and move them around other Divisions? I'm pretty sure the entire NFL would feel it, not just the 8 teams in those Divisions.
I think that was inevitable. If the p12 was stronger, they would have survived. The movement was happening anyways. Texas and Oklahoma moved before anyone in the p12.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:49 am

The entire landscape changed because of the lawsuit, Scott was reacting to the lawsuit. You can complain he did a piss poor job of it, but he didn't create the situation the lawsuit did

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:41 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:49 am
The entire landscape changed because of the lawsuit, Scott was reacting to the lawsuit. You can complain he did a piss poor job of it, but he didn't create the situation the lawsuit did
There are five power conferences, now there are four. Remind me how the lawsuit caused only the PAC 12 to have a shifty television deal and fold and the other four to be making money hand over fist and thrive?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:58 am

He screwed up the pac 12, that's what I said, the article is about people that aren't happy with the other four conferences either, they aren't happy period. They miss the regionalism, they don't think it should be able making money hand over fist.
Earlier this week, Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick called the conference shifting a “complete disaster."