Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: Yahoo Sports has us #1 in the country

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:12 pm

ddraig wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:07 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:32 pm
Huge game in South Bend. Cougs thought they should get Game Day. LOL

Key P12 matchup in LA. Penn St. with a test vs. Iowa. All Eyes on Prime Time in Eugene. Who we rooting for there??? lol

No. 1 Georgia vs. UAB | 7:30 p.m. | ESPN2
No. 2 Michigan vs. Rutgers | 12 p.m.
No. 3 Texas at Baylor | 7:30 p.m. | ABC
No. 4 Florida State at Clemson | 12 p.m. | ABC
No. 5 USC at Arizona State | 10:30 p.m. | FOX
No. 6 Ohio State at No. 9 Notre Dame | 7:30 p.m. | NBC
No. 7 Penn State vs. No. 24 Iowa | 7:30 p.m. | CBS
No. 8 Washington vs. Cal | 10:30 p.m. | ESPN
No. 10 Oregon vs. No. 19 Colorado | 3:30 p.m. | ABC
No. 11 Utah vs. No. 22 UCLA | 3:30 p.m. | FOX
I will never root for Whoregon, even if they play Ohio State or USC.
We have the same family policy.

I do think Colorado will lose plenty of games this season, so it's only prudent we root for them over Whoregon. Let's get Whoregon a loss early in the season, then watch Colorado lose to USC.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:17 pm

Who to root for:
No 1 - Georgia shouldn't have any issues with UAB
No 2 - Michigan shouldn't have any issues with Rutgers, but the sports writers are not impressed with UM up to this point. If the game is too close they could lose a little support.
No 3 - Go Baylor.
No 4 - Go Clumson.
No 5 - USC will dispatch of USC quickly.
No 6 -Tuff one here. If ND wins, they likely jump us in the polls, but if OSU wins, they likely gain points.
No 7 - Go Iowa.
No 8 - We need to motorboat Cal in a big way to get more attention. Another 600 yard 5 TD performance will do the trick.
No 10 - As so many of us have said, never root for Whoregon! They need a loss here, but I would love to see Coach "Prime" lose in a big way.
No 11 - I hate to root for Kelley, but Utah is ready for their injuries to catch up to them.

GO DAWGS!!

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:15 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:17 pm
Who to root for:
No 2 - Michigan shouldn't have any issues with Rutgers, but the sports writers are not impressed with UM up to this point. If the game is too close they could lose a little support.
No 3 - Go Baylor.
No 4 - Go Clumson.
No 6 -Tuff one here. If ND wins, they likely jump us in the polls, but if OSU wins, they likely gain points.
No 7 - Go Iowa.
No 8 - We need to motorboat Cal in a big way to get more attention. Another 600 yard 5 TD performance will do the trick.
No 10 - As so many of us have said, never root for Whoregon! They need a loss here, but I would love to see Coach "Prime" lose in a big way.
No 11 - I hate to root for Kelley, but Utah is ready for their injuries to catch up to them.

GO DAWGS!!
Clemson totally choked. USC was in a nail biter in the 4th quarter. OSU wins so we stay at 8th....for now.
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:07 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:15 pm
Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:17 pm
Who to root for:
No 3 - Go Baylor.
No 4 - Go Clumson.
No 7 - Go Iowa.

GO DAWGS!!
Clemson totally choked. USC was in a nail biter in the 4th quarter. OSU wins so we stay at 8th....for now.
Even without others losing, at least one or two of which we should happen over the next couple Saturdays, we should get our chance to move up after beating Oregon Oct. 14th.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:26 pm

The thing that still steams me is how they over-reacted to the Texas win over Bama. It's obvious that Bama isn't the same team as they have been over the last 15 years, but to jump 6 teams is just absurd. These voters need to think things through...maybe instead of moving a team up with a win over a ranked opponent, maybe move the losing team down to the winning teams ranking.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:35 pm

Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:26 pm
The thing that still steams me is how they over-reacted to the Texas win over Bama. It's obvious that Bama isn't the same team as they have been over the last 15 years, but to jump 6 teams is just absurd. These voters need to think things through...maybe instead of moving a team up with a win over a ranked opponent, maybe move the losing team down to the winning teams ranking.
Early in the season those things seem to happen. I agree with you, Bama is not Bama, and it seemed like a big over reaction. But early on they have big swings like that. What will interest me is what happens to the Fighting Coach Primes in Colorado?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:24 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:35 pm
Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:26 pm
Early in the season those things seem to happen. I agree with you, Bama is not Bama, and it seemed like a big over reaction. But early on they have big swings like that. What will interest me is what happens to the Fighting Coach Primes in Colorado?
Colorado will be motor-boated again this week by USC. The only exception, USC has a shit defense so Co will score.
USC-52
CO-32

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:33 pm

Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:24 pm
Colorado will be motor-boated again this week by USC. The only exception, USC has a shit defense so Co will score.
USC-52
CO-32
Oh no doubt. I meant I will be intrigued to see what the voters do this week after they got completely exposed now that they actually plays someone.