2023 Week 10: UW Football - U$C

Michael K.

Re: 2023 Week 10: UW Football - U$C

Post by Michael K. » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:44 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:39 pm
There is going to be a lot of hand wringing about the defense but honestly if you put any other qb besides Williams in that game I don't think SC would have even scored 30 points. The dude is incredible. There were probably 8-10 times where it looked like they had him dead to rights and he school yard played it into big gains. I think we are going to be fine against Utah and the Pac 2 schools and I expect another tight nail biter in the ship against the toilet seats.
That is no joke. Williams was singularly responsible for so many missed tackles. I finally started being less pissed at us missing tackles and more amazed at how incredible he was. That said, just like the ASU game, we had the first guy miss so many times yesterday where it resulted in tons of yards after. We have GOT to learn to wrap up.

But again, the officiating. The last little finger we all get from Larry Scott. Basketball is going to be worse. So glad I don’t get the PAC 12. The amount of ineptitude with officials in this Conference is unbelievable.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:50 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:43 pm
Utah scored 6 vs. Oregon and 55 vs. ASU

We scored 36 vs. Oregon and 15 vs. ASU

Make it make sense.
Utah ran for like 350. We made no attempt to block anyone in the run game against ASU and thus gave up on running it, despite the fact that the passing game was resulting in turnovers.

I know this is poo poo’d, but the creativity in the offense last night was WAY more evident than the past two games. The amount of motion was far more, IMO. I really do think we played close to the vest the last two weeks, and of course!? Penix being sick doesn’t help. But man, if DJ is gonna run like this? If our O Line is going to dominate like this?

OBTW, the next time an Alex Grinch defense looks like anything but a speed bump against us? Will be the first time.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:04 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:43 pm
Utah scored 6 vs. Oregon and 55 vs. ASU

We scored 36 vs. Oregon and 15 vs. ASU

Make it make sense.
Penix got beat up against Oregon and wasn't 100% plus he had the flu.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:32 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:39 pm
There is going to be a lot of hand wringing about the defense but honestly if you put any other qb besides Williams in that game I don't think SC would have even scored 30 points. The dude is incredible. There were probably 8-10 times where it looked like they had him dead to rights and he school yard played it into big gains. I think we are going to be fine against Utah and the Pac 2 schools and I expect another tight nail biter in the ship against the toilet seats.
I tend to 100% agree with everything you posted.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:52 pm

I truly hate the whole transitive property idea, but that's all we have to go on here.

1st and foremost; Williams is a STUD!! Period, end of story. The blubbering he did in his mothers arms was a little pathetic, but still on the field nobody can argue with that. Hell, Herbstreit and the other guy were ready to fall to their knees and give the kid a blow. The number of comparisons between him and Mahomes was annoying.

2nd; The defense of Utah still gave up 32 to this monster of College Football. Shit, we only gave up 42. Considering this when we know our defense IS NOT anywhere close to Utah's.....? Maybe we are better than everyone believes.

3rd; The USC defense gave up 34 to an anemic Utah offense. Utah's offense is pathetic by Pac12 standards [PERIOD]! I can see our defense keeping them to the upper 20's because their QB is not named Williams.

4th; FSU hasn't played shit.

5th; The ACC is shit and FSU will fall.

6th; The Big 10 WILL NOT have two teams in the playoffs.

7th; The Big Sports Media is already predicting both Georgia and Bama in the Playoffs. So if the Big 10 and the SEC both have two teams in the playoffs, what kind of Fuck You does that tell everyone in the last of the 4-team playoff system? It tells all that it's a flawed system by people with an agenda.

8th; I am not concerned with the Beavers.

9th; The Cougs are a joke.

10th; GO DAWGS!!!

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:07 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:52 pm
I truly hate the whole transitive property idea, but that's all we have to go on here.

1st and foremost; Williams is a STUD!! Period, end of story. The blubbering he did in his mothers arms was a little pathetic, but still on the field nobody can argue with that. Hell, Herbstreit and the other guy were ready to fall to their knees and give the kid a blow. The number of comparisons between him and Mahomes was annoying.

2nd; The defense of Utah still gave up 32 to this monster of College Football. Shit, we only gave up 42. Considering this when we know our defense IS NOT anywhere close to Utah's.....? Maybe we are better than everyone believes.

3rd; The USC defense gave up 34 to an anemic Utah offense. Utah's offense is pathetic by Pac12 standards [PERIOD]! I can see our defense keeping them to the upper 20's because their QB is not named Williams.

4th; FSU hasn't played shit.

5th; The ACC is shit and FSU will fall.

6th; The Big 10 WILL NOT have two teams in the playoffs.

7th; The Big Sports Media is already predicting both Georgia and Bama in the Playoffs. So if the Big 10 and the SEC both have two teams in the playoffs, what kind of Fuck You does that tell everyone in the last of the 4-team playoff system? It tells all that it's a flawed system by people with an agenda.

8th; I am not concerned with the Beavers.

9th; The Cougs are a joke.

10th; GO DAWGS!!!
Agreed on all of that, especially how good Caleb is, except Oregon State is good. playing in their house after consecutive games tough opponents in SC and Utah is NOT an easy task.