Anyone else worried about recruiting

Captain 97

Re: Anyone else worried about recruiting

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:29 pm

Don't know if we freaked out about him or not but Josh Conerly from Rainier Beach is Oregon's starting Left Tackle as a Sophmore. I believe that Ohio States #2 receiver is also a Washington native. A few years back it was the big uglies that we were losing. Zach Banner, David Decastro and Foster Sarrell were all NFL guys taht we couldn't keep home. Not saying that we have to load up our entire Roster with Washington guys but we should be building the relationships and the cache in the football community that we can keep the a decent percentage of the top guys in our state at home. Something is wrong when you don't have a single player from your state in the entire recruiting class.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:48 pm

I didn't realize Sarrel was in the NFL. UDFA but seems he is a Charger....

https://boltbeat.com/posts/chargers-ros ... 3-earned/3
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:05 am

Not saying the low ranking isnt a concern, but I'll also point out the commonality i see between DeBoer and Coach Pete - both seem excellent culture builders that leads to players wanting to stay, much more so than other schools (SC and Oregon for example). So the decreased churn leads to smaller recruiting classes, which will adversely affect their recruiting rankings, unfairly. There's no easy way to measure player development like there is the incoming recruiting classes. but i think that's an underrated strength that's allowed programs like Coach Pete's and Utah under Whittingham to flourish without consistently landing the highest-star recruits. Time will tell but I imagine the same will be true for KDB.