9/28/19 Huskies vs. You Can't Spell "SUCK" Without "U-S-C" Game Thread

DavidGee24

Re: 9/28/19 Huskies vs. You Can't Spell "SUCK" Without "U-S-C" Game Thread

Post by DavidGee24 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:34 pm

USC has no passing game today and these big runs are giving them a chance.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:38 pm

Aaaaaand that should do it as long as we don't pull a Carson.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:27 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:27 pm
It's okay to run a razzle dazzle play, but THAT? Sending the back inside the tackle and them lateraling to the receiver? And then USC pulls a Tedric Thompson and our defense snuffs them again.
Inside the opponents 50, 1st and 10, up 14, veteran quality O Line, strong armed QB, and quality RBs. The only bad thing you can do is run ANY trick play and turn it over. Hamden is a moron. An absolute moron. I have watched little Johny Smith do dumb shit for the Huskies, I watched Bevell call a 2nd and goal slant pass in the Super Bowl designed for the gunner on the punt team, and THAT trick play today might be the single dumbest call I've seen. A grown man getting in the way.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:33 pm

nice win today. Run D still not the same as what we've been spoiled with with Gaines and Vea for the last few years, and doesnt help having the inexperienced ILBs. should get better with time as Tuli, Taimani continue gaining reps and especially next year when they're joined up front by Bandes and Tuitele and behind by young LBs Calvert and Heimuli. Hard to find fault with CamWill given all his coverage and ball skills as a true frosh, but he's missed a lot of tackles and that long ball was all on him. Still, SC played hard, with a good OL, RBs, and excellent receivers, and yet Lake's DBU still wins that battle - the corners especially for going against those talented wideouts - Molden, McDuffie, Taylor, Gordon all lights out today.

and hey, Eason didnt dazzle so maybe his odds for one more year grow from 6 to 7 percent. and maybe SC does a favor and knocks off Notre Dame after their bye. been a while since i rooted for them, will feel so strange. :x

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:08 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:27 pm
DavidGee24 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:27 pm
It's okay to run a razzle dazzle play, but THAT? Sending the back inside the tackle and them lateraling to the receiver? And then USC pulls a Tedric Thompson and our defense snuffs them again.
Inside the opponents 50, 1st and 10, up 14, veteran quality O Line, strong armed QB, and quality RBs. The only bad thing you can do is run ANY trick play and turn it over. Hamden is a moron. An absolute moron. I have watched little Johny Smith do dumb shit for the Huskies, I watched Bevell call a 2nd and goal slant pass in the Super Bowl designed for the gunner on the punt team, and THAT trick play today might be the single dumbest call I've seen. A grown man getting in the way.
Hamdan is the weakest link on this team. They would probably be better off with no offensive coordinator and letting Eason call all the plays.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:44 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:08 am
Hamdan is the weakest link on this team. They would probably be better off with no offensive coordinator and letting Eason call all the plays.
No joke. Today, the only reason USC scored, or came close to making it a game, was a result of chicken shit or stupid play calling.

First of all, I would like to know when catching a punt inside the 5 yard line became OK. Second, I hated our play calling when we were stuck inside the 5 as a result, and 3rd....that trick play on first and ten inside the 50 is the worst call I have EVER SEEN. Hamden HAS TO GO. He is a grow man who is making a shit ton of money to simply get in the effing way!

We win this game 35 or more to 7, if not for the man named Bush.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:50 am

After seeing Fink light it up last week it looks like the defensive strategy was to just rush three the majority of the game like they do against the Cougs. While giving up some big runs, it worked. Only 14 points allowed with some big takeaways. At least one of the coordinators knew what he was doing today.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:09 am

USC runs the air Raid, so yeah, we approached it similar to how we do WSU. But sorry, the way we ran the offense just makes me want to puke. Hamden is putrid!

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:51 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:44 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:08 am
No joke. Today, the only reason USC scored, or came close to making it a game, was a result of chicken shit or stupid play calling.

First of all, I would like to know when catching a punt inside the 5 yard line became OK. Second, I hated our play calling when we were stuck inside the 5 as a result, and 3rd....that trick play on first and ten inside the 50 is the worst call I have EVER SEEN. Hamden HAS TO GO. He is a grow man who is making a shit ton of money to simply get in the effing way!

We win this game 35 or more to 7, if not for the man named Bush.
Now you know where the phrase bush league came from.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:00 pm

It seemed to me that Hamdan got the job based on having been with UW previously but he hadn't really proven himself as a coordinator anywhere else. He was the Falcon's QB coach for a year, and prior to that the WR coach and pass game coordinator with UW. He is pretty much still learning the job and for a program that wants to be top tier you would think they could have found a coach from a FCS or JuCo school who already had experience running an offense.