Georgia, Michigan, Cincinnati, and Notre Dame

auroraave

Re: Georgia, Michigan, Cincinnati, and Notre Dame

Post by auroraave » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:16 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:10 pm
Yep, they take out a Conference game so they can play a patsy. It’s real messed up.
Like when Washington schedules powerhouses like Montana or Arkansas State or Eastern Washington or Georgia Southern or South Dakota? :lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:40 am

auroraave wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:16 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:10 pm
Yep, they take out a Conference game so they can play a patsy. It’s real messed up.
Like when Washington schedules powerhouses like Montana or Arkansas State or Eastern Washington or Georgia Southern or South Dakota? :lol:
They play one less league game to schedule a second one of those....seriously dude, get a clue.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:55 pm

Slick Neuweasel thinks Houston will take out Cincinnati. He also thinks Michigan could be in trouble from let-down after the big win. Can't say i disagree.

Could end up with Georgia, Alabama, Notre Dame, and Ohio St. That would be sickening.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:34 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:55 pm
Slick Neuweasel thinks Houston will take out Cincinnati. He also thinks Michigan could be in trouble from let-down after the big win. Can't say i disagree.

Could end up with Georgia, Alabama, Notre Dame, and Ohio St. That would be sickening.
If Ohio State gets in another year where they sat at home during the Big 10 Championship...I imagine a lot of heads will explode.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:39 am

Georgia gets outcoached by Alabama again. Pathetic. Need Michigan to win to keep Notre Lame out.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:32 am

Anyone watch the Alabama/Georgia game? Alabama's QB, Bryce Young, looks seriously legit. Can't think of a NFL-caliber QB from Alabama that looked like they would be special in the NFL, in forever, but Young has major skills; strong, accurate arm, great vision, quick. Over 400 yards against that UGA defense? Sick. Would love the Seahawks to find a away to get someone like him. Young is the most interesting QB prospect right now, IMO. That said, fuck Alabama, I was pulling for UGA. To have a roster that loaded - and then add a rock star under center? When has Bama had a rock star QB recently? It's almost unfair.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:29 am

I was pulling for Georgia too, but you realize that the last two Bama QBs are NFL starters right? One of them starts for the Pat's, which happen to be the 1 seed in the AFC right now. This ain't your fathers Alabama.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:29 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:32 am
Anyone watch the Alabama/Georgia game? Alabama's QB, Bryce Young, looks seriously legit. Can't think of a NFL-caliber QB from Alabama that looked like they would be special in the NFL, in forever, but Young has major skills; strong, accurate arm, great vision, quick. Over 400 yards against that UGA defense? Sick. Would love the Seahawks to find a away to get someone like him. Young is the most interesting QB prospect right now, IMO. That said, fuck Alabama, I was pulling for UGA. To have a roster that loaded - and then add a rock star under center? When has Bama had a rock star QB recently? It's almost unfair.
Yeah I saw one of his TD throws and was like, WOW.

Hate Alabama. I watched this last night to make myself feel better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GKmkD1pUG0
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:45 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:29 am
I was pulling for Georgia too, but you realize that the last two Bama QBs are NFL starters right? One of them starts for the Pat's, which happen to be the 1 seed in the AFC right now. This ain't your fathers Alabama.
I was going to mention that.

I was pulling for UG. Bama has been in the playoffs too much.....but deserved it.

If UG had won:
1-UG
2-Michigan
3-Cinn
4-????

And that would have been great.

Now, there can be a discussions about how much weight Conference Championships should weigh. Does UG have a right to be there without a Conference Championship?...and to lose the way they did.

Now, I believe, it should be:
1-Michigan
2-Alabama
3-Cinn
4-UG

Let Bama ROLL over Cinn by 40+ points.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:15 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:45 pm
Now, there can be a discussions about how much weight Conference Championships should weigh. Does UG have a right to be there without a Conference Championship?...and to lose the way they did.

Now, I believe, it should be:
1-Michigan
2-Alabama
3-Cinn
4-UG
Georgia's loss to Alabama wasn't as bad as Michigan's loss to Mich St and Alabama's loss to Texas A&M. They should still be the 1 seed but recency bias will put Michigan and Alabama above them.