Eason is the starter.

57reasons

Re: Eason is the starter.

Post by 57reasons » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:21 am

highly doubtful. think haener wants to go to an FCS school where he can play right away, rather than transfer in league to UCLA like Yankoff, where Colson is a perfect fit for Chip Kelly's offense. so no fear of helping a rival and future opponent. besides Petersen kind of owes him that for waiting so long to decide on Eason, rather than make Haener waste a whole season holding a clipboard.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:26 pm

he has already redshirted once right?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:49 pm

It really does blow me away. Now Coach Pete did him a disservice by giving him every chance to win the job...but he announced it too late?

Against Pac 12 competition he was dreadful last year. That is the bottom line. As a true Freshman Eason might not have shredded SEC competition, but he looked light years better than Haener against everyone not named North Dakota St!

He wants a shot to start, gets that shot, even though based on passed performance and talent level he may not have deserved it, but somehow he wasn't given a fair shake? This isn't Pop Warner...nothing is handed to you. Pete allowed for competition, IMO, much longer than was necessary...yet somehow that was his way of screwing Haener?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:49 pm

Are you sure he got a fair shake. John Clayton was on the air earlier saying that, from what he has heard, Haener outperformed Eason during practices this summer.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:04 pm

Not sure where Clayton got that, because that isn't what I have been reading from the guys that are actually reporting on the practices. In your opinion, Pete seems like the guy to chose the player that isn't as good? I have heard that before, but not since I stopped posting on the Times forum!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:59 am

I was only reporting what I heard on the radio. And, of course, there may be other factors that weighed in the decision besides which QB looked best in practices. I'm guessing Haener felt like he was used, otherwise he probably sticks around.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:39 am

I heard a full interview of Jake by Softy on the way home today. He felt he got a fair shake. He is transferring because he wants to play. Can't blame the guy for that.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:15 am

Well, that's what he says but who knows the entire story. I mean, if he wanted to play that much, did he tell the coaches in advance that he had no interest in being the back-up QB? They might have advised him to transfer out months ago in that case. Then he might have actually had a chance to play somewhere this year.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:58 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:59 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:15 am
Well, that's what he says but who knows the entire story. I mean, if he wanted to play that much, did he tell the coaches in advance that he had no interest in being the back-up QB? They might have advised him to transfer out months ago in that case. Then he might have actually had a chance to play somewhere this year.
Or maybe it really was an open competition. Who knows.
dt