Colorado leaving for B12

D-train

Re: Colorado leaving for B12

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:29 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:05 pm
They are all chasing the almighty dollar:
The students use the portal the same way professional athletes sit out games and training camp to get better deals.
The schools are now using a similar technique to leverage more money.

I say let it all fail!
DFA the lot of them.

I love college football, and I am sure there was plenty of greed decades ago, but at least they had the honor of staying in the same conference, not this jumping-ship to get a better deal.

I'll say it again, fuck them all.
Well it isn't all going to fail, not even close so might want to hope for an option with a chance of happening and you still get to watch college football. lol
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:43 pm
So what would you guys prefer?

I think my preference would be in this order:

1. Add the best team available and go back to being the Pac 10
2. Big 10
3. Big 12.

I guess given the time zones the latter two would good for me.
I'd prefer to move to the Big 10 along with Oregon.

Big 10 West
UW
Oregon
USC
UCLA
Nebraska
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern

Big 10 East
Illinois
Purdue
Indiana
Michigan
Michigan State
Ohio State
Penn State
Maryland
Rutgers

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:03 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:29 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:05 pm
They are all chasing the almighty dollar:
The students use the portal the same way professional athletes sit out games and training camp to get better deals.
The schools are now using a similar technique to leverage more money.

I say let it all fail!
DFA the lot of them.

I love college football, and I am sure there was plenty of greed decades ago, but at least they had the honor of staying in the same conference, not this jumping-ship to get a better deal.

I'll say it again, fuck them all.
Well it isn't all going to fail, not even close so might want to hope for an option with a chance of happening and you still get to watch college football. lol
I know it's not going to fail. :lol:
I am totally fed up with all the changes, the portal and all the "wife swapping" going on. It isn't good for College Football....and more and more of the fans of college football are getting fed up.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:54 pm

Fuck the Big 12 and Fuck Colorado. Double Fuck Coach Prime, who will win one game next year, two or three the year after and take his UA money and all his NIL endorsements somewhere else, leaving both the Big 12 and Colorado in the lurch, just like he did the school he left that he claimed he was gonna be the guy to change things for the HBCUs. That lasted what? Two or three years? Now he boots half his scholarship players and talks about all the transfers coming in to kick ass. The difference is now? He is actually going to be playing against other schools with D 1 athletes too!

Not once has Deon ever talked about how his coaching staff was going to be top notch, gonna coach them up. Nope, look at our NIL money, look at the exposure, blah blah. Coach Hype is about to crash and burn and I'm gonna laugh my ass off. I am also pretty sure that the transfer portal isn't just an open four lane highway in and out. When he bolts, those kids are more than likely going to be stuck with the next guy who probably won't make them TikTok and Instachat famous!

But? This is bad for the Pac. Keeping the ten we had and adding two or four was a decent option. We should have welcomed Texas and the other Big 12 schools that wanted to bolt a few years ago. But, that would have required Larry Scott to do something more than vacation with the money he was stealing from the Conference. Still no fucking TV deal. Just fold up shop and let the Big 12 or ACC take us over. It's sad, because I have been a Pac 10/12 football fan since before Ray Horton and Tom Flick were on the cover of SI with The Dawgfather as their preseason #1.

I did a quick search for that SI cover. Couldn't find it...but found this. Maybe that wasn't actually an SI cover, but I swear that was it because we had a subscription and I had the issue.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1980/11/24/the-week

I was at this game. I was just over a month from turning 8! Yes, do the math. I'm not 50!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:01 pm

I am obviously misremembering that magazine...as I can't find anything with that as the cover. Must have just been an article inside the magazine. It was over 40 years ago!

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:52 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:54 pm
Fuck the Big 12 and Fuck Colorado. Double Fuck Coach Prime, who will win one game next year, two or three the year after and take his UA money and all his NIL endorsements somewhere else, leaving both the Big 12 and Colorado in the lurch, just like he did the school he left that he claimed he was gonna be the guy to change things for the HBCUs. That lasted what? Two or three years? Now he boots half his scholarship players and talks about all the transfers coming in to kick ass. The difference is now? He is actually going to be playing against other schools with D 1 athletes too!

Not once has Deon ever talked about how his coaching staff was going to be top notch, gonna coach them up. Nope, look at our NIL money, look at the exposure, blah blah. Coach Hype is about to crash and burn and I'm gonna laugh my ass off. I am also pretty sure that the transfer portal isn't just an open four lane highway in and out. When he bolts, those kids are more than likely going to be stuck with the next guy who probably won't make them TikTok and Instachat famous!

But? This is bad for the Pac. Keeping the ten we had and adding two or four was a decent option. We should have welcomed Texas and the other Big 12 schools that wanted to bolt a few years ago. But, that would have required Larry Scott to do something more than vacation with the money he was stealing from the Conference. Still no fucking TV deal. Just fold up shop and let the Big 12 or ACC take us over. It's sad, because I have been a Pac 10/12 football fan since before Ray Horton and Tom Flick were on the cover of SI with The Dawgfather as their preseason #1.

I did a quick search for that SI cover. Couldn't find it...but found this. Maybe that wasn't actually an SI cover, but I swear that was it because we had a subscription and I had the issue.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1980/11/24/the-week

I was at this game. I was just over a month from turning 8! Yes, do the math. I'm not 50!
Holy Shit!!!

We are in full agreement on something.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:26 am

How about just add Notre Dame and call it good. lol
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:52 pm

Army?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:43 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:52 pm
Army?
If only Gonzaga had a football team!!!
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:18 am

Sounds like it's gonna be SDSU, BYU, and SMU joining the Pac.