2023 Week 7: UW Football - Whoregon

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: 2023 Week 7: UW Football - Whoregon

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:15 pm

Prediction, prediction, prediction!!!

I don't think there are any pretenders in this game. This game will either be a major blowout (21+ point win) for either team, or a nail-biter down to the last play.
-I'm actually shaking with anticipation and as nervous as one can be-

Oregon really hasn't played anyone of significance yet, but all Washington can boast is that we beat Arizona in the desert. That would be the same Arizona team that took USC to the brink in the 2-overtime thriller.

Oregon's win against Colorado really didn't surprise anyone on these boards and their wins against Portland, Hawaii and Stanford really aren't that impressive. Their win against Texas Tech; they have also lost to Wyoming and West Virginia.....so wow, they're a good team.

For some reason Oregon always brings their best against our Dawgs, so I won't count them out.

Gawd, I hate Oregon.

Washington has already beat Cal and Arizona, and neither team is a push over. Cal and Arizona have stout defenses and can put points on the board. Unfortunately Cal will not be a bowl team, and I think AZ will get their 6 wins. In just about any other conference, both of these teams would be bowl teams.

No matter the outcome of this game, I can't wait to see what Oregon does against Cal and UA.

Washington - 38
Oregon - 33

That is an odd score, but I think there will be some weird shit in this game.

Alternate prediction:
Washington - 17
Oregon - 10

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:22 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:15 pm
Prediction, prediction, prediction!!!

I don't think there are any pretenders in this game. This game will either be a major blowout (21+ point win) for either team, or a nail-biter down to the last play.
-I'm actually shaking with anticipation and as nervous as one can be-

Oregon really hasn't played anyone of significance yet, but all Washington can boast is that we beat Arizona in the desert. That would be the same Arizona team that took USC to the brink in the 2-overtime thriller.

Oregon's win against Colorado really didn't surprise anyone on these boards and their wins against Portland, Hawaii and Stanford really aren't that impressive. Their win against Texas Tech; they have also lost to Wyoming and West Virginia.....so wow, they're a good team.

For some reason Oregon always brings their best against our Dawgs, so I won't count them out.

Gawd, I hate Oregon.

Washington has already beat Cal and Arizona, and neither team is a push over. Cal and Arizona have stout defenses and can put points on the board. Unfortunately Cal will not be a bowl team, and I think AZ will get their 6 wins. In just about any other conference, both of these teams would be bowl teams.

No matter the outcome of this game, I can't wait to see what Oregon does against Cal and UA.

Washington - 38
Oregon - 33

That is an odd score, but I think there will be some weird shit in this game.

Alternate prediction:
Washington - 17
Oregon - 10
Is your alternate prediction the score after the first Quarter??? lol
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:26 pm

The alternate prediction is basically a slobber-knocker where a punter will be the MVP of the game.

I don't see it happening, but stranger things have happened.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:53 pm

Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:26 pm
The alternate prediction is basically a slobber-knocker where a punter will be the MVP of the game.

Our D gave up 32 points to Cal. Zero chance they hold the Ducks to 10.

Our offense is the best in the country. Zero chance we don't score at least 20+ points.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:54 pm

I will say 41-31 Dawgs.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:19 pm

dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:53 pm
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:26 pm

Our D gave up 32 points to Cal. Zero chance they hold the Ducks to 10.

Our offense is the best in the country. Zero chance we don't score at least 20+ points.
I can't disagree with any of that, but as I said, stranger things can happen.

Both teams are coming off of bye weeks, so they are generally healthy, and who knows of any new "wrinkles" that may be thrown in.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:40 pm

Good article, but I can't understand why/how they can boast that Oregon has the best pass-defense in the country considering the teams they have played.

But we'll see.

!!GO DAWGS!!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:17 pm

Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:40 pm
Good article, but I can't understand why/how they can boast that Oregon has the best pass-defense in the country considering the teams they have played.

But we'll see.

!!GO DAWGS!!
We have to win this game. We just have to. I won't be able to take the alternative.
dt

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:18 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:54 pm
I will say 41-31 Dawgs.
I was walking with my wife yesterday and discussed the differences and commonality of the two teams. I told her that it's not likely to be a low scoring affair nor a high scoring one, but given some dynamics such as the Huskies ball hawking skills or the Ducks ability to run the ball the tempo could swing in either direction. I feel though the over under is about 60 points. I can't decide a winner, but I expect the game will be close with both teams score just either side of 30 points.