Final seconds of the existence of the Pac 12

Donn Beach

Re: Final seconds of the existence of the Pac 12

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:05 pm

They got bounced out of the NCAAs rather rudely, there's a feeling there was friction in the program after that
After the No. 13 Washington softball team took down Indiana 8-7 in the NCAA Regionals on May 17, it looked to be coasting to another Super Regionals berth, especially with Omaha stunning No. 9 Missouri.

Now, less than two days later, its 2024 season is over.

Following a shocking 3-2 loss to Omaha earlier on Saturday, UW needed a win against UM if it wanted to keep its year alive. Instead, a 4-1 loss to the Tigers (45-16, 13-11 Southeastern) sent it going back to Seattle rather than the Super Regionals.

Michael K.

Re: Final seconds of the existence of the Pac 12

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:21 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:05 pm
They got bounced out of the NCAAs rather rudely, there's a feeling there was friction in the program after that
After the No. 13 Washington softball team took down Indiana 8-7 in the NCAA Regionals on May 17, it looked to be coasting to another Super Regionals berth, especially with Omaha stunning No. 9 Missouri.

Now, less than two days later, its 2024 season is over.

Following a shocking 3-2 loss to Omaha earlier on Saturday, UW needed a win against UM if it wanted to keep its year alive. Instead, a 4-1 loss to the Tigers (45-16, 13-11 Southeastern) sent it going back to Seattle rather than the Super Regionals.
Something was up. There was a lot of conversation at our State Tournament Memorial Day weekend, since it had just happened. No one seemed to have any clue, but it's not like I spent a ton of time talking to the other coaches about it.

They collapsed to finish the regular season as well. They lost like their last three Conference games then got trounced in the Conference Tourney. Something seems off. I don't think it's all travel. Crazy that this happens now though. That team ALWAYS seems to have fun. I have met Heather several times, been to their camps, been around those kids (not this year's kids). This shocks me.