BIG ranked # 19 knocked down by Cinderella Cougs

Michael K.

Re: BIG ranked # 19 knocked down by Cinderella Cougs

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:24 am

Captain 97 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:25 pm
I Think the Big 10 has its Eyes on Clemson / Florida State. If they were to take OSU and WSU it would make it harder for that to happen.
Are those two looking to leave the ACC? Is this just a hunch, or have you read or heard that somewhere? I mean, I get it, it would make far more sense for the Big to add Clemson and FSU, but...why not all four? You know they could offer WSU and OSU chickenfeed in comparison. If Clemson and FSU bolted the ACC it would just be a race for the Big, SEC and 12 to gobble up the rest...so who cares how many teams you have in your Conference at that point?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:17 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
I Think the Big 10 has its Eyes on Clemson / Florida State. If they were to take OSU and WSU it would make it harder for that to happen.
Ok thanks. That makes sense.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:19 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:43 pm
Lamda wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:49 am
ddraig wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:49 pm
"Washington State, Oregon State take legal action to decide Pac-12’s fate"
https://mynorthwest.com/3929371/washing ... c-12-fate/

Last I checked, there were eight Pac-12 teams ranked in the top 25. One must wonder how someone could kill off the Goose that lays golden eggs by scheduling football games at 8PM on the West Coast. I'm gonna miss the Pac-12.
Hopefully the Cougs/OSU win control of the Pac12/Pac-whatever and can restore it by bringing in others, etc.
I hope so as well and hope the WSU and OSU can keep the Pac going. I think they have a strong case since every other school left, so why should they have voting rights in this league?
How are they possibly going to keep it going. NFW there can be a power 5 conference made up of teams that aren't attached to a power 4 conference.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:21 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:24 am
Captain 97 wrote:
Are those two looking to leave the ACC? Is this just a hunch, or have you read or heard that somewhere? I mean, I get it, it would make far more sense for the Big to add Clemson and FSU, but...why not all four? You know they could offer WSU and OSU chickenfeed in comparison. If Clemson and FSU bolted the ACC it would just be a race for the Big, SEC and 12 to gobble up the rest...so who cares how many teams you have in your Conference at that point?
Yes, that is exactly my point. All they have to offer WSU and OSU is one dollar more than what WSU and OSU would get without the Big 10 which is jack shit and a rounding error in the Big 10 annual budget....
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:09 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:19 pm

How are they possibly going to keep it going. NFW there can be a power 5 conference made up of teams that aren't attached to a power 4 conference.
Yeah, I have a hard time seeing the NCAA deciding that the Mtn West can add WSU and OSU all of a sudden become a Power 5. And I have almost as hard of a time seeing the ACC losing FSU and Clemson and surviving. Which would be crazy in Basketball.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:59 pm

Not sure if you saw this in the other thread but the divisions would be perfect. I also suggested no inter division play which would limit travel, you would play every team in your division every year and the two division winners would meet in the Championship game like it used to be in MLB way back in the day. I think it would be cool but I am sure it wouldn't maximize revenues so they would never do it.

East
Maryland
OSU
Penn St.
Rutgers
Mich.
MSU
Purdue
Indiana
Northwestern
Illinois

West
Minnesota
Nebraska
Iowa
Wisconsin
UW
WSU
OSU
Oregon
USC
UCLA
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:01 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:24 am
Captain 97 wrote:
Don't know if it had any teeth but there was a bunch of rumblings about it back before UW and Oregon jumped. Do a google search and you will find many articles.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:59 pm
Not sure if you saw this in the other thread but the divisions would be perfect. I also suggested no inter division play which would limit travel, you would play every team in your division every year and the two division winners would meet in the Championship game like it used to be in MLB way back in the day. I think it would be cool but I am sure it wouldn't maximize revenues so they would never do it.

East
Maryland
OSU
Penn St.
Rutgers
Mich.
MSU
Purdue
Indiana
Northwestern
Illinois

West
Minnesota
Nebraska
Iowa
Wisconsin
UW
WSU
OSU
Oregon
USC
UCLA

With that many teams its almost like the two divisions aren't even in the same league. If you play everyone in your division that's 9 games which is your entire conference schedule. Lets say you play 6 division games and 3 games from the other division that means you would play the teams in the other divisions once every 3 years. A Kid could spend 4 years in the program and there would be 6 schools that they would only play once. Plus just imagine the headaches that would cause in trying to decide who goes to the championship game if two teams in the same division haven't played each other. With all of these conferences getting so big They may almost need to look at adding more games at some point.