The Natty

Michael K.

Re: The Natty

Post by Michael K. » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:12 am

In my opinion, the only reason Michigan’s Big 10 drought ended was Ohio State has not been the same under Ryan Day. The only reason their post season draught ended is that was the worst Bama team in a decade. Again, Michigan hasn’t seen anything like what we bring. My fear is the mistakes and the mismanagement of the clock, my fear is not Michigan.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:57 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:12 am
In my opinion, the only reason Michigan’s Big 10 drought ended was Ohio State has not been the same under Ryan Day. The only reason their post season draught ended is that was the worst Bama team in a decade. Again, Michigan hasn’t seen anything like what we bring. My fear is the mistakes and the mismanagement of the clock, my fear is not Michigan.
1000% Might be a blessing that they happened vs. Texas and are fresh in there mind. Especially after consulting the rule book and realizing there is no rule stating that you MUST run a certain number of times a game when you have one of the best passing offenses in the history of College Football AND the defense can do NOTHING to stop it.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:58 am

I'm with you guys. It seems odd but somehow I am more confidant about this game than I was about either Oregon game or the Texas game.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:07 am

Captain 97 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:58 am
I'm with you guys. It seems odd but somehow I am more confidant about this game than I was about either Oregon game or the Texas game.
I thought we would lose to Oregon. I thought we had a good chance of beating Texas. I think we boat race Michigan. I hope I don't jinx us!
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:44 am

Boat race Michigan? They couldn't boat race Stanford, ASU, or WSU but somehow they'll do it to Michigan?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:08 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:44 am
Boat race Michigan? They couldn't boat race Stanford, ASU, or WSU but somehow they'll do it to Michigan?
Did you watch Penix last week? Not the guy that looked broken post Oregon, which just so happens to be the three opponents you list. Michigan is good, but this game, especially the college game, is geared towards high powered offense, IMO.

The Harbaughs are going 0 and 2 this weekend.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:40 am

And another take on the Ohio state model, this one from the LA Times
As Harbaugh evaluated the deficiencies of his program after 2020, he kept coming back to the reality that, for him to get his alma mater back to the top of the sport, Michigan had to start beating Ohio State.

And what did Ohio State look like? Well, the Buckeyes were built like a bright-red Ferrari, with future NFL rookie sensation CJ Stroud at quarterback, throwing passes to future NFL wide receivers Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson and Jaxon Smith-Njigba. Ohio State was so loaded that Marvin Harrison Jr. rarely got on the field that season as a true freshman.

Harbaugh knew he had to build a defense that schematically could limit a pristine passing offense and supplement it with an offense that ate up yards — and time — on the ground. He hired a young defensive coordinator named Mike Macdonald from John Harbaugh’s Ravens staff, handing him the former task. And, after a few years toying around with a spread offense, Harbaugh went back to his roots, chiseling a dominant running attack behind a grisly offensive line.

Obviously, it worked. And what Washington fans should fear Monday night is that the Huskies’ vaunted aerial attack won’t seem so different than what Michigan has dealt with against Ohio State.

One could make the argument that the veteran Penix is a better college quarterback at this juncture than Stroud was, but, if so, certainly not too much better. One could argue that the trio of Rome Odunze, Jalen McMillan and Ja’Lynn Polk is on par with the Buckeyes trios as well.

The mind and savvy of DeBoer and his offensive coordinator, Ryan Grubb, are what could be the difference in helping Washington fare better than Ohio State has of late breaking the game open against this Michigan team.
https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/20 ... ampionship

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:36 pm

They gave up 247 yards passing and 24 points to Maryland.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:15 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:36 pm
It’s the eye test to me. Every throw that their guy missed last Monday? Penix makes.

Texas didn’t have poor coverage….Penix just beat them.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:35 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:15 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:36 pm
It’s the eye test to me. Every throw that their guy missed last Monday? Penix makes.

Texas didn’t have poor coverage….Penix just beat them.
Michigan has face a lot of QBs this season that couldn't even hit a door from 30 yards and none that could hit the door knob.. Penix can hit a key hole from 30 yards.
dt