Pete stepping down, Jimmy is in.

D-train

Re: Pete stepping down, Jimmy is in.

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:13 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:26 am
Is there any chance UW could plunder Memphis, Appalachian St, Boise St, Cincinnati, or Navy for a new offensive coordinator?

:lol:
How about UCF who has a top 5 Offense in the country.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:40 am

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:16 pm
Something Brock said the other day that I liked was he thought Lake might bring in more uptempo. Can't remember what article I read, but Jimmy basically said "I know what is easy to prepare for and what isn't."

The funny thing, for us while Lake has been here, the offenses that give us fits dont run tempo...they maul us at the line of scrimmage in power run then beat us with big receivers and TEs. That is Cal, Utah, Stanford and Colorado this year....pretty much Cal and Stanford for many years. Oregon beats us on the ground too.

I have been saying all year we were too pass happy, and when we did pass we had weird shit going to less talented pass catchers.
I wouldn't say that cal Stanford and Colorado gave us fits with their offenses. They only allowed 20, 23 and 20 points respectively in those games. It was their defenses that gave us fits.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:55 am

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:40 am
Michael K. wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:16 pm
Something Brock said the other day that I liked was he thought Lake might bring in more uptempo. Can't remember what article I read, but Jimmy basically said "I know what is easy to prepare for and what isn't."

The funny thing, for us while Lake has been here, the offenses that give us fits dont run tempo...they maul us at the line of scrimmage in power run then beat us with big receivers and TEs. That is Cal, Utah, Stanford and Colorado this year....pretty much Cal and Stanford for many years. Oregon beats us on the ground too.

I have been saying all year we were too pass happy, and when we did pass we had weird shit going to less talented pass catchers.
I wouldn't say that cal Stanford and Colorado gave us fits with their offenses. They only allowed 20, 23 and 20 points respectively in those games. It was their defenses that gave us fits.
All three of those offenses sucked ass...and controlled time of possession.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:49 am

They controlled time of possession because we kept going 3 and out