Re: CFP ranking thread

Post by Captain 97 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:42 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:24 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:20 pm
57reasons wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:37 am
i see our Utah victory wasnt enough to displace FSU for 4th - what a joke. no way their performance against their schedule outpaces ours this year.
You would have to think that a win over Oregon State would be enough for the flip. That would make 4 teams currently in the top 25 that we would have beaten compared to 1 for FSU.
I see what you are saying, but this is exactly what pisses me off about these committees. So, three isn't better than one? If the committee is honestly ranking these teams based on their body of work at this time? They would have us at four, and maybe three. Like I mentioned, they do this shit for effect. That is why they raised a Big 12 team and Utah last year right before the CCG. They wanted to add intrigue to the matchups.
Like I said in the other thread, They shot themselves in the foot by struggling against ASU and Stanford. If they win those two games convincingly I believe they are easily ahead of FSU and neck and neck with Michigan.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:59 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:42 pm

Like I said in the other thread, They shot themselves in the foot by struggling against ASU and Stanford. If they win those two games convincingly I believe they are easily ahead of FSU and neck and neck with Michigan.
That said, why are we punished more for those two bad wins than Florida State and Michigan are for a season's worth of bad victories? I think I posted like four real unimpressive wins for FSU. Yet somehow our two unimpressive wins is worse than their four, and our three Top 25 wins is worse than their one.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:21 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:19 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:46 pm
It is annoying but I am looking at it like this. OSU Michigan loser is out so if we win out nobody will jump us so we are in.

If we lose there are ways that we should still make it but I have zero expectations that we will and it will be nobody's fault but ours so I will be fine with it...
Still, these rankings are garbage. Yes, they will sort themselves out, but if the ranking isn't an actual reflection of where each team is RIGHT NOW? Why have them? There is ZERO chance that Oregon or USC could have our resume and still be ranked below anyone except Ohio State and maybe Georgia. But Michigan? Fucking Florida State!?

As for being fine with it, if we lose? We play in arguably the second best top to bottom Conference in all of football...and one loss will cripple our chances? I am not fine with that.
Between the Mariners off season and the Seahawks play calling I just don't have any more anger to give. lol
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:19 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:21 pm

Between the Mariners off season and the Seahawks play calling I just don't have any more anger to give. lol
Growing up my rankings would have gone -

1. Husky Football
2. Sonic Basketball
3. Seahawks
4. Mariners
5. Husky Hoops

Now? Fuck the NBA, but I will still not ever be as emotionally attached to the Seahawks or Mariners as I am with the Husky football program. I was in Husky stadium as a 6 or 7 year old in the late 70s. There is STILL nothing like it. I have taken my son only twice....it's just not as easy these days when you can't plan ahead because kick off times haven't been announced, and we live a three hour drive away. But damn, both trips have been amazing experiences. I watched the last game at old Husky stadium and met Lincoln Kennedy on my way to my seat. I shook hands with James, Gilbertson and Neuheisel. Met Nigel Burton, Olin Kreutz, Benji Olson and Brock Huard. I've had beers in Leavenworth with Eliot Silvers and Chad Ward. Shit, Jason Chorak came to my wedding because he was in Chelan and my buddy that coached him was in my wedding! There is just something about Husky football I will always love.

The 1991 Rose Bowl win, IMO, was bigger than the Super Bowl over Denver. It just always will be. I just am more diehard to that side I guess. It's not that I don't get fired up the Seahawks and Mariners, just not as much.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:31 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:19 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:21 pm

Growing up my rankings would have gone -

1. Husky Football
2. Sonic Basketball
3. Seahawks
4. Mariners
5. Husky Hoops

Now? Fuck the NBA, but I will still not ever be as emotionally attached to the Seahawks or Mariners as I am with the Husky football program. I was in Husky stadium as a 6 or 7 year old in the late 70s. There is STILL nothing like it. I have taken my son only twice....it's just not as easy these days when you can't plan ahead because kick off times haven't been announced, and we live a three hour drive away. But damn, both trips have been amazing experiences. I watched the last game at old Husky stadium and met Lincoln Kennedy on my way to my seat. I shook hands with James, Gilbertson and Neuheisel. Met Nigel Burton, Olin Kreutz, Benji Olson and Brock Huard. I've had beers in Leavenworth with Eliot Silvers and Chad Ward. Shit, Jason Chorak came to my wedding because he was in Chelan and my buddy that coached him was in my wedding! There is just something about Husky football I will always love.

The 1991 Rose Bowl win, IMO, was bigger than the Super Bowl over Denver. It just always will be. I just am more diehard to that side I guess. It's not that I don't get fired up the Seahawks and Mariners, just not as much.
Here I am at Venice Beach just a few Hours before the 1992 Rose Bowl. I also got maced twice tearing down the goal posts as I led a charge Mel Gibson Braveheart style after the 1992 Rose Bowl. lol
Venice Beach New Years day 1992.jpg
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:47 pm

dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:54 pm

How soon they forget. Colorado and WSU were all the rage until they had to play in Conference!

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:50 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:54 pm
How soon they forget. Colorado and WSU were all the rage until they had to play in Conference!
I think that is a great tweet. Even better way of showing how tough our schedule has been.....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:48 pm

dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:36 pm

If Alabama beats Georgia What do you guys think would happen if UW, FSU, Texas, and the OSU/Michigan winner all win out. Do you think they would put Alabama in over Texas even with the head to head loss?