2023 Week 14: UW Football - Whoregon II

D-train

Re: 2023 Week 14: UW Football - Whoregon II

Post by D-train » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:19 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:14 pm
The UW coaching staff did a great job of analyzing and correcting weaknesses from the previous Oregon game to come up with a better game plan. The D was nights and days better. It was a great way to end it all, going out on top and owning one of the more slimy programs with classless fans in college football.
Well said! lol
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:26 pm

In the entire history of the conference only 3 teams went 13-0. 1972 Trojans, 1991 Huskies and 2023 Huskies. None have gone 14-0...... yet.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:28 pm

Fungo wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:07 pm
I am humbled by the guts and toughness of the Huskies yesterday. I am a graduate from the school and have been a fan since childhood but I always have a negative look to outcomes. I don't know why but I always expect a lousy game with a lousy outcome. I think I feel if I publicly make negative predictions I won't be letdown so much if it happens. Maybe it has to do with the years with "he who will not be named" as coach. Anyway I look back at some of my posts and actually get embarrassed that I would be such a negative jerk. Oh well onward to the playoffs!
All is well that ends well! It has been a tough road being a Seattle Sports fan the past 50 years. FAR more heart break than glory that is for certain!
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:42 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:19 pm
The UW coaching staff did a great job of analyzing and correcting weaknesses from the previous Oregon game to come up with a better game plan. The D was nights and days better. It was a great way to end it all, going out on top and owning one of the more slimy programs with classless fans in college football.
Seriously? This was a very strange third and two call, a Penix over throw and a ridiculously bad PI call in the first half from being 31 to 3 at the half!?

By the way, I realize we won anyway, but does anyone else think if the PI before the half or the holding call on the last drive had been called AGAINST Oregon they’d be a huge topic of conversation today? Both horrendous calls, and instead of it being talked about, we had some geezer in the booth telling us how great the PAC 12 officials are and crickets after the game. I mean, for fuck sakes, I broke my phone and they just gloss over this shit? Haha
Enjoy the win and the season my brother. :)
dt

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:02 pm

We're kind of the Rodney Dangerfield or Yogi Berra of college football . . . We don't get a lot of recognition and we don't do anything exceptionally well except beat you. Go Dawgs

Fungo

Post by Fungo » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:31 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:12 am
Woof. Darren we may be back in business. How about Alabama beating Georgia and Iowa beating Michigan for an encore?
I don’t know if we want to juggle the order of the playoff teams much. As it sits we play Michigan in the Rosebowl (#2 vs #3) and that seems like a sweet setup to me.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:34 pm

57reasons wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:41 pm
they also REALLY benefitted from getting healthy. first time since season start having the whole compliment of receivers, and you see what a difference a healthy McMillan makes (barely played and ineffective in the first meeting). Also getting Tuli healthy in last few weeks, and Johnson of course, though he was still hobbling a bit. But the biggest impact other than JMac was getting KamFab and Asa Turner back at safety. Kam was particularly Fabulous against their short passing game.

and one other big factor - the underdog role. pundits did them a huge favor making Oregon a nearly 10 point favorite. All the pressure this team was manifesting in their tight games of late was shifted to the opponent, who played tight this time.
Excellent point. Asa is RedShirting, so he has barely played at all. They both had a big impact last night!

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:52 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:34 pm
57reasons wrote:
they also REALLY benefitted from getting healthy. first time since season start having the whole compliment of receivers, and you see what a difference a healthy McMillan makes (barely played and ineffective in the first meeting). Also getting Tuli healthy in last few weeks, and Johnson of course, though he was still hobbling a bit. But the biggest impact other than JMac was getting KamFab and Asa Turner back at safety. Kam was particularly Fabulous against their short passing game.

and one other big factor - the underdog role. pundits did them a huge favor making Oregon a nearly 10 point favorite. All the pressure this team was manifesting in their tight games of late was shifted to the opponent, who played tight this time.
Excellent point. Asa is RedShirting, so he has barely played at all. They both had a big impact last night!
yeah, the safeties played great, up until that last drive - WHAT WAS THAT ?????? All you have to do to win is keep things in front of you and you allow a 2-play 75-yard TD drive - two deep passes and total whiffs on the tackle ?????? bizarre.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:55 pm

57reasons wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:52 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:34 pm
57reasons wrote:

yeah, the safeties played great, up until that last drive - WHAT WAS THAT ?????? All you have to do to win is keep things in front of you and you allow a 2-play 75-yard TD drive - two deep passes and total whiffs on the tackle ?????? bizarre.
Yeah I couldn't believe that. WTF was #3 doing on that last play???
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:29 am

Washington spent the majority of the game running down Oregon's defense and it paid off in the fourth quarter. The better team won.