The worst loss of an era.

Michael K.

The worst loss of an era.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:17 pm

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... subscriber

Could not agree more. Everything I said last night. A defense that can't play real football but talks a lot of shit about beating the gimicky Air Raid. A defensive front dominated by backups, LBs that can't tackle, an O Line that can't protect against a pass defense ranked in the 100s, a QB that looked scared just about every drive after the first, we lost the only RB that seems to have any ability to break a tackle, and the veteran WRs manage to dissapear more than not.

I don't remember being this dissapointed after a loss. There was ZERO reason to expect Stanford to not only beat us, but kick our weak asses. Zero physical toughness and certainly no mental toughness. If I was Pete every job would be up for grabs this week, and if we don't have any young LBs or WRs that are better than what we trot out there every day? It might be time to re-evaluate what OKG's look like! Smalls is a HS Senior and probably would have been better than every LB that put on a uniform last night. And if these highly touted WRs can't catch better and get open more often than these vets? WTF?

Vogelbomb

Re: The worst loss of an era.

Post by Vogelbomb » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:29 pm

It was a horrid, pathetic, inexcusable loss no doubt about it. I want Petersen fired. But it was not the worst loss of his tenure. @ASU in 2017 13-7 was far worse. There's no question about it. Everyone always has short-term memory syndrome

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:20 am

Vogelbomb wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:29 pm
It was a horrid, pathetic, inexcusable loss no doubt about it. I want Petersen fired. But it was not the worst loss of his tenure. @ASU in 2017 13-7 was far worse. There's no question about it. Everyone always has short-term memory syndrome
I didn’t forget anything...but ASU didn’t start that game down for O Lineman or finish it with their 3rd string QB. The weren’t ranked 116h in the nation against the pass, and the didn’t dominate us in the way we were last night.

Well coached teams don’t have what happened to us last night happen. I am disgusted! My wife is looking into Vegas on December 21st for us. I’ve always wanted to go, just never figured this team would suck enough to warrant it! We stink.

Oregon is gonna score 175 points on us and we might never cross midfield against Utah!

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:19 am

I listened to some analyst name Joel from FSN on the Softy show today. Completely ripped the entire coaching staff. But not in a bombastic I'm smarter than everybody way like most do. Very analytical, measured and well thought out views. One of the best I have ever heard. Can't believe I had never heard him before.

Said he could not disagree more the Pete not letting the young WRs play.

1. How could it be any worse?
2. Pete says they have to show it in practice first. He said this is BS because practice's in now way resemble games.
3. If you have 4 star recruits on the bench while yours starter suck either you targeted the wrong players to recruit or you can't coach em up.
dt

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:29 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:20 am
Vogelbomb wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:29 pm
I didn’t forget anything...but ASU didn’t start that game down for O Lineman or finish it with their 3rd string QB. The weren’t ranked 116h in the nation against the pass, and the didn’t dominate us in the way we were last night.

Well coached teams don’t have what happened to us last night happen. I am disgusted! My wife is looking into Vegas on December 21st for us. I’ve always wanted to go, just never figured this team would suck enough to warrant it! We stink.

Oregon is gonna score 175 points on us and we might never cross midfield against Utah!
Oregon won't score 25, let alone 175. This is still a Jimmy Lake defense which is t10 in the nation yr after yr make no mistake

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:00 pm

You watched Cal's limited offense light us up in the second half and watched Stanford with four backups on the O Line and 2nd and 3rd string QBs control the game from buzzer to buzzer and thought "yep, top 10!"