Top 10 Huskies

D-train

Re: Top 10 Huskies

Post by D-train » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:38 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:58 am
D-train wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:50 am
Just hard for me to understand how Browning can start as a freshman but Sam can't when he is being blocked by Dylan Morris.
Yeah, can't disagree. I have visions of the Oregon State game we should have lost, the first half against Utah and pretty much every snap against Stanford. We played four games last year, and the only game Morris and the offense weren't mediocre to shitty was against a REALLY bad AZ team. So, either Morris has REALLY improved, Huard is vastly over rated, or we are in trouble.

I mean, really....think back to just about every quarter he played besides the 4th against Utah and that shit show that was AZ? He was pretty bad.
Fixed it for you.

either Morris has REALLY improved or Huard is vastly over rated and we are in trouble.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:27 pm

Anyway, sorry, that went from young Huard, to Brock, to my buddy, to memory lane. My bad. I honestly believe Sam will be the real deal. I watched him absolutely dissect Wenatchee in the playoffs. A couple of the freaking bombs he threw were literally just the flick of a wrist. It looked like he never even planted his feet! Just backpedal and fling....and they were dimes!
That is how I feel about it as well. I believe Sam will be great by every standard that we hold dear at UW.
He just needs reps.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if he didn't make it on the field at all this year and just got reps, reps, reps, reps and got bigger and stronger and understood the game more. During that time he could adjust to the speed of the college game and come out swinging next season.

The Huard clan, I'm sure, would love if Sam played all 4 seasons and took all the records away from Browning.....I know I would.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:57 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:27 pm

The Huard clan, I'm sure, would love if Sam played all 4 seasons and took all the records away from Browning.....I know I would.
Never really thought of that. Of course, Brock left a year early....but I think he saw the handwriting on the wall. He needed to get paid before his body fell apart.